Chapter 4: Something Inside

January 19, 1960

Jackie hummed to herself as she flipped through her photo album with a smile. She had four years of photos, though the fourth year was only just beginning. Currently she was looking through her first one with a smile. The first one, despite having started it sometime in May; she had still inserted a few photos from earlier in the year.

The first was of her and Jack, she was heavily pregnant and it was dated four days before she gave birth to their first child, Bella. She grinned as she saw the blissful expression on she and her husband's face.

She'd been looking through photos a lot lately. She wasn't exactly sure why, perhaps it was because of the new page in she and Jack's life. They were vigorously campaigning for him, every other week she had to go on a trip, for Jack every other day. She traced her hand over the photo. She mused, she had sort of known from the moment she met Jack that he was going to achieve great things. She knew, despite marrying him only a Senator at that time; that he would grow larger. She had always known.

Maybe that was why she'd married him, she loved Jack so much. More than she ever had, but what had drawn her to him... was his power and wealth. Something in her, something that scared her craved power and money.

Jackie sighed and closed the book.