I.

With a friend as good as you, who needs enemies?
I guess we all make mistakes

(Friends and Enemies- Biffy Clyro)

Hello my friend, do you remember me? If you don't, I'm right here to remind you our story, or our cliché if you like it better.

We first met in middle school, we were in the music room, rehearsing for a concert.

I was the classic girl in the movies -scared of her own shadow, who tried her best to stay "hidden", with her two or three friends-the girl that every boy wouldn't notice, considering how shy I am, or maybe was.

To make you understand how different we were, I'll continue my cliché.

You were the typical kind of guy that got to be noticed by every girl in school even if you just breathed. Every girl got a crush on you -find a single girl who didn't.

What are you saying? 'What about you?' ... Yeah, I was included in that group, but you didn't need to know it.

With the passing of time, we became that kind of friends everybody thought could turn into a couple -little did you know, I was included in that group even in that case- even though you always preferred other girls to me but that is not what I wanted to talk about.

So moving on, we were best friends, my parents considered you as a member of the family and so did yours with me.

Just thinking about it, I don't know how it all changed, but within 4 years we passed from being us against the world to being complete strangers. I tried to talk to you but you never answered my texts.

What are you saying, again? 'I don't know either'? Well, great man, that's amazing!

I spent 4 years being upset because I missed my bestfriend (yes, I'm self friendzoning, I know), trying to understand why you didn't talk to me and now I find out I "cried my eyes out" for nothing..Nice!

Do you want to know what is the funny part? I'll tell you anyway.

On a summer night, my "friend" -D, asked me to go out to the city centre with other people and with a guy she was hanging out at the moment.

Wait no-do not move, the funny part comes now!!

I was waiting for her to arrive with other friends and guess who was the guy she was hanging out with at the moment and that showed up with her, after 4 years of not texting or calling me?!

Exactly,you!

I still remember your face when you saw me, it was a mixture of shock,nostalgia and maybe... joy?

I don't know how I looked like, but I know how I felt: sad, a bit angry and surprised.

You tried to talk to me, I tried to talk to you back, but no word seemed to get out of my mouth.

I felt you staring at me but I couldn't look at you, I was too upset and I felt like I was living a nightmare I couldn't escape from because it was real, you were real and I couldn't handle it.

We spent the whole night looking at the other without talking, as if our own eyes were having a silent conversation that didn't need a voice.