:|1|:

The thousands of trees guarded the way ahead and the wet grass made the run slippery under my feet as I ran as fast as I could through the forest. Gun shots could be heard a few feet away along with running boots breaking twigs and crunching leaves. There's no where to hide, no where to go. My heart pounding in my chest as my hunters gain closer to my location. I finally hide behind a tree and look behind me. Everything goes silent. I turn around only to stop by the barrel aimed directly at my face. BANG!

My eyes shoot open. That bloody dream again. I can't remember the last time I had a dreamless night where I don't wake up in the middle of the night or even after a couple hours of falling asleep. The situation definitely didn't help that now we all have to split. My father, my mother, and my twin sister. 

It wasn't safe. Not anymore. 

"Mirah, we need to leave." Vinah came through in my room and leaned on the doorway. Her icy blue eyes catching my same ones as I nodded sadly. She approached me and sat closely to wrap her arm around my shoulders.

"One day, Sister, we will be together again. This I know it." She consulted. 

I looked up at her and let a tear fall down my cheek. "It doesn't make it easier, Vinah." She nodded in understanding. "Where are they sending you?"

"Tulsa, Oklahoma. Where are you going?" She asked me, her eyes flicking with honest curiosity.

"Derry, Maine. I'm really nervous." I told her as I lean against her. She then wraps both arms around me and pulls me close without saying a single word and she really didn't need to.

"Mirah, Vinah. We must go." My mother was by my door before leaving us there to get ready.

Vinah looked at me then. "Forgive me, but I saw you sleep and I noticed you fidgeting. You really need to find a solution about those nightmares you keep having. You know they are not just dreams, you know they are visions."

"Not this again, Vinah. They are nothing for you to worry about." I rolled my eyes at her as I threw my sheets off me and began to strip out of my pajamas. 

"That is not true, it's something very serious, Mirah." She leaped up and tried to stop me from rummaging through my closet. I stepped aside from her and just began to change into my clothes.

"You better hurry and get ready, you know how Mother gets when she is kept waiting." I warned. Without another word, she huffed and stormed out of my room. I stopped straightening out my jacket and began to cry softly in my hands.

XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXx

"Take this you two, we must go to the airport separate times to be safe. Do you understand?" Our father stated as he handed us our plane tickets. We both looked at each other and nodded in unison. "Very good, now when you land you are to shatter your mobile device and as soon as you can obtain new one with a new number. We are not to contact one another, do you understand that?" I tried desperately to hold the tears in my eyes and not to show weakness especially in front of father. 

The Devaraux's never show weakness. That is how we get killed. 

"Yes, Father." We both answered. In the corner of my eye I could see Mother hold her composure even though I could tell she was struggling just as much as I was. And what mother couldn't? She was losing her two little girls and the man she had ever loved. 

I was the first one to go as I gave my parents the family handshake and as I hugged my father, he leaned down to my ear whispering to me, "always remember our main rule, Mirah."  I hugged my sister dearly, not wanting to ever let her go, as I said good-bye. Finally, I was on my way to the airport to my new life.