:|6|:

August 29, 1782

"This is it! This is our moment to finally capture the rest of those dreadful monsters!" They watched in the shadows at the uniformed soldiers known to capture vampires and kill them. They watched silently. Vinah only glancing at her a couple times to make sure she wouldn't do anything that would put her family in danger. 

Mirah only stared at the soldiers with tears in her eyes as though the sight of them could do damage to them from afar. "Mirah, you must not let them decipher who and what you are. You are a Devaraux. Never forget." She heard her sister whisper to her, but the words were just that. Words. What she was was a vampire that wanted nothing more than the slaughter them one by one in a torturous manner. She craved it. What she was was ruthless and dangerous, what she wasn't was a Devaraux that liked to conceal her hunger and monsterous mannerisms. The father and head Devaraux crept towards the two sisters. 

"Take your sister, Vinah. I want you two to stay low until this blows over, undertand?" His voice was rough and harsh like usual.

"But, Father, what about you and Mother?" Vinah intercepted and Mirah only looked down in preparation of what was to come for her to speak out of turn. With that, there was a loud slap as Vinah's head jolted to the side, holding her cheek she looked back at their father wide eyed. 

"Don't ask such idiotic questions and do as I say! You are to take your sister WITHOUT any further inclinations! Now go!" He pushed us towards the woods, deeper into the dark. He knew by how close they were to those soldiers, they heard that blow to Vinah's face and he ran. He jumped into the trees, leaping from branch to branch with Yvette right beside him. 

"You had to strike her that moment?" She asked in the calmest tone imaginable. 

She was not happy with him in the slightest.

"You put our children in danger." Her tone never pitching any higher making him shiver. In the distance he heard the roaring sound of hooves cutting through the twigs and grass, swords slicing the branches as he heard the Sergeant yell to his men to catch them and funny sounds to make his horse to go faster. 

"Vinah! Stop! Where are you taking me?!" Mirah asked as she felt her feet throb and her gown getting rips and tears from the protruding branches on the trees. 

"Somewhere where you can calm that bloodlust of yours." Finally, Vinah found a little cottage and ran towards it, pushing her sister inside, she slammed the door and locked it. It was only when they turned around they found a gun aimed at them. Fortunately, due to Vinah's speeding abilities, she dropped the pistol and stared into the man's eyes. "You are to let me and my sister escape here. Do not call anyone and do get your wife to get us some food."  He only nodded and dropped his gun. "Do you have cattle?" With a nod he pointed out back. She thanked him and with Mirah in her hand, led her out back towards the cows that, luckily, were all asleep. 

Vinah stood next to her. "Drink. Calm yourself before you do something rash." 

Without any hesitation, Mirah slid her fangs into the cows neck making the cow let out a small yelp before calming down. After she had her fill she sat down on the hay stack following her sister who sat right next to her. 

"How do you not get angry at them for causing so much destruction and pain?" 

"I do get angry, Mirah." 

"Not like me. I want to rip out their throats and take every ounce of their blood, every ounce of their life." Mirah's tears began to fall. "And how Father treats you like you are responsible for me on a constant basis and me as a child. Does he not know that we are the same age, that we're twins?" Before Mirah could say anything more, she took her into her arms and held her. 

"He knows, but we are rather different. He's more cautious with you because of your bloodlust, you have a hard time controlling it when your emotions are really high and at that moment while watching those men, if Father hadn't interjected you would have gone after them without your good senses and would have gotten yourself killed along with all of us. It's because we love and cherish you so much that we have to take precautions around you at all times." 

Mirah shoved Vinah's hand away and shot up from her seat in anger, her eyes glowing purple in the moment."We are monsters! Don't you get that? You walk around acting like you're one of them, but you're not! You, me, Father, Mother, we feast on the likes of them! Why can't we just feast on the bad ones?" 

"Because then we would be no better than the 'bad ones' as you say! We are not the enemy, Mirah! We have to be better and we are better!"

"But they look at us as enemies anyway, so what difference it make?!" Mirah screamed. 

"The difference is we are Devarauxs, Mirah." Both of them turned to see their mother and father at the entryway, their clothes tattered and rugged. Both girls ran up to them and hugged them dearly. "Listen to me, there are cruel people who will do anything to kill our kind and we mustn't fall in the same catagory as those monsters. No matter how angry we get." At that he stroked Mirah's cheek causing her eyes to turn into their normal color. He then turned to Vinah who flinched as he looked at her, remembering his punishment. "Vinah, I'm sorry for causing you pain. We almost got captured because of me." He then reached out and held Vinah. "You did astounding work protecting Mirah and for that I thank you."  Mirah looked back at their mother who stood there in her stoic stance and saw her mother smile at her with a wink. 

"How did you manage to get away?" Mirah asked her mother as she hugged her. 

"We are old, little one, we know a few tricks up our sleeve." Their mother held her closely as she kissed the top of her head. 

"When will this end, Father? When will we be free?" Vinah asked. 

"I dont know, but no matter if takes eons and eons, we, Devaraux's will prevail...together."