5

3rd Person POV

Khali opened the window to see the places they were passing by. The wind brushed off her silky black hair and the breeze of dawn's dew touched her face. But she felt coldness and closed the bus's window.

009's was still staring into nothingness and the mysterious aura still wrapped his body. The bus was heading to the center of the city.

Tall buildings revealed itself after the bus passed over the railway's tunnel. Khali was mesmerized of what she had seen. It was very different from where she came from.

The bus stopped at the station. Khali had gotten out of the bus and followed 009 to where he was going. They walked around the city square silently and avoiding unnecessary action that might attract crowd's attention. The eerieness somehow dislodged her assurance that everything would be okay and would be back to normal. She missed her old life already, her friends, and the memories they made together. Gust of emotions were filling her at the moment, she was a viable being but a part of her couldn't live without knowing everything that she must know. A straight beam of light struck their eyes as they approached the tall building surrounded by dozen of men carrying their Mausers.

"Finally, we're here" 009 exclaimed in relief.

Khali gave him a grin in exchange.

And they headed right away to the building. The men guarding the facility greeted them politely specially 009. He surely had some kind of audacity in this place. Inside, the hallway was decorated by exquisitely carved statues in different forms. From animal to person and to things that weren't familiar to Khali. They passed a giant brain model probably made out of clay. The workers were wearing white lab gowns and some were wearing gray. She followed 009 to the elavator.
They were going to the 25th floor where the office of 009's father was located. As the elavator ascended, she felt nauseated because she wasn't used to ride an elevator. But she looked fine. The elevator stopped exactly at the 25th floor, the door opened automatically and they went out. A man in his 40's greeted them excitedly. The man was wearing a white lab gown and holding a box that had something in it.

"Alex, I'm glad you make it on time" the man smiled to 009.

"Yes father, and this is 008, and pointed directly to Khali"

Khali was still confused. She didn't know who was Alex that the man mentioned and why did 009 call him father. Then, her senses backed to life as she processed everything she had heard. The man was 009's father.

"Khali, welcome to your new home, you can call me uncle FIN" the man said sincerely.

Then Fin offered his hand to handshake with Khali and Khali did the same thing.

The three of them headed to  Fin's office to discuss things and to talk about significant matters. Khali had something in mind, she wasn't sure if these two were worth trusting or not just these two, this whole new life she was dealing with. This made Khali to be more cautious and observant. No one is a friend nor an enemy. She could trust no one except herself. She wished she made the right decision.