6

The windows from a high place like this radiate too much light coming from the sun. Aside from that, the office is big enough for a single person. My eyes enjoy the things it's seeing. There's a bookshelf at the left corner of the room. And what makes this room more pleasing is the sofa set that is very much comfortable to sit on or maybe to take a nap on. I sit on the sofa as well as 009 and uncle Fin sit on his swivel chair facing toward us.
He stretches his arms out and handed us the box he was holding a while ago. I grab it reluctantly.

"Open it Khali, it's my present for you" Fin says and smirks.

"What's inside this box?" I ask

"It's better to know it yourself, open it"

I open the box, it surprises me to see chocolate cookies. My stomach grumbles.

"Uhm. Can I?" I embarrassedly ask uncle Fin

"Sure, sure, it's all yours" he answers delightedly.

I start with one bite until I lose control. I eat each cookie voraciously. This makes me cringe. I haven't eaten cookies ever since. So this is what cookies taste like. I finish it up and faced with Fin and 009 or maybe I should call him now, Alex? Whatever. They seriously looked at me and followed by a loud laugh. What are they laughing about? I feel like I'm blushing right now. And they stopped.

" So tell me Khali, what's with your ability?" Uncle Fin asks

" Nothing special, I can make illusions " I replied

" Can you show me? " he curiously asks

"Yes, why not" I said.

I focused my mind and think of something. I feel warmth as I concentrate. I slowly wave my hand in the air and popping sounds start to fill the whole room, bouncing from the corner to corner of the room. It's fireworks.
I created an illusion of fireworks display, but of course it isn't real. It's just a product of my creative mind, an illusion. Uncle Fin's eyes dilated in overwhelming wonder of what he's witnessing. But 009 stays normal, as seems like he didn't get amazed by my illusions. Maybe because he has seen it already and seeing it for the second time around makes it less shocking.

" That was amazing" uncle Fin claps in astonishment.

"Thank you" I humbly replied.

" Your ability has some uncanny resemblance with someone but as of now I need to orient you of this place and your mission." he says

I let him speak and I listened. He says that this place was built by him and his comrades when they left the laboratory that forced them to do inhumane things to people. They knew from the start that people are not subjects to be treated like guinea pigs. They tried to escape but they couldn't, they would lose their lives if they were caught. So they waited for the right time and picked the perfect opportunity. And now, their mission is to save all kids left in the evil establishment, gather them and give them the life that has been taken away from them. Only 009 and me are the ones they're waiting for to start the mission. It looks like a collusion for me.

I don't know what to say.
I don't know what to respond.
Can I do this?