This Is A Warning

Dame POV 🌑

"So it's like that, huh? You're gonna kill me off like this!?" Jeffery said with his hands up, surrendering

It kills me to not be able to help Jeffery since my hands are tied tightly behind my back, tape around my mouth and guards standing by me.

"You're damn right. I'm taking all of this money and leaving." He said as he grabbed the duffle bag that's full of $15,000, with his gun still aimed at Jeffery.

"You're really gonna do this to me!? After all these years we've worked together!? I did everything you told me to do!" Jeffery viciously said.

"You're right, you did! But that's exactly why we're here right now. Don't you get it Jeffery? You fell for the trap!"

"Fuck you! You're not gonna get away with this shit!" Jeffery told him with confidence.

My eyes started to tear up because I can tell what's about to happen next.

"Oh I'm not?" He responded to Jeffery with a chuckle, before getting very serious again. "Too bad you won't be alive to see me win...." He said lowly, before pulling the trigger twice.

—————

Ok so now I suppose you're wondering how we got ourselves into that situation, right? Well it all started a couple months ago, when everything was much simpler in my life.

Let's take it back to the morning of January 23rd, 2018.

————

⛅️

"You're late again, Dame." My first period teacher, Mrs. Bun told me.

"I know, I know, I apologize again." I said as I made my way to my seat.

"You must want to be kicked off the basketball team with the amount of times you've been late so far. Your lateness is hurting your grades too." She said, putting me on blast in front of the entire class.

"I said I'm sorry Mrs. Bun...." I said, wanting her to back off.

"Mhmmm." She said before writing on the board and telling us "Alright y'all get in groups of three or four and read pages 80 through 83 and answer the questions on page 84 and please do not bother me too much because I'm not gonna lie, I'm a little hungover. Do not tell Principal Woods." She said as she sat down at her desk and put her sunglasses and hoodie on.

"Don't mark me as late and you have my word." I told her, making a few classmates chuckle.

"Deal." She said before crossing her feet on top of the desk.