Chapter 28

To make up for all the time it took to publish a chapter, I'll try my best to upload as fast as I can from now on.

x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x-x

I was sitting down on the floor looking through my bag. Right now, the others were trying to smoke out a rat demon from inside a hut. The smoke smelled disgusting. I felt sorry for Inuyasha who has a stronger smelling sense. He was currently on the floor covering his nose complaining about the smell. I found the mask and through it at his head. He glared at me.
"What was that for?" he said
"Put it over your nose stupid!" I said as I pinched my nose shut, "it should block out the smell" he looked at it and put it on. I looked at Miroku who was looking into the crowd. He started walking off.
"Miroku..." I said my voice sounded funny when I was plugging my nose, "where you going?" I watched as he followed behind a woman with black hair. She had a pink silk kimono. It was obvious she was from a high class family, but looking at her. I had this weird feeling. I didn't like her... "Miroku!" but he just kept walking away. He waved me off without even a glance back. Idiot...you womanizer. I hope she doesn't have a husband. Just don't get into trouble Miroku...I let out a sigh. I heard a squeal. I turned to see the tiny little rat demon come out. Sango squashed it with Hiraikotsu. I closed my eyes and flinched
"Ew..." I said
"Everything's ok now Kagome!" Sango replied.

We were currently inside now in our room in a traveler's hut. Shippo was happily eating his dumplings. I guess I gave Inuyasha the mask too late because he was still feeling sick. Kagome was kneeled beside him rubbing his back. I sat down in the corner drawing Kirara who was curled up in a ball resting.
"Are you still feeling sick Inuyasha?" Kagome asked, "huh? where's Miroku?"
"He followed after some strange woman" Shippo replied indifferently.
"He did?" Sango said shocked walking over to kneel beside the others. "While we were slaying demons?"
"She was really beautiful" Shippo replied, "he probably already gave her the line about having her first born child" I wouldn't put it past him. I focused on my drawing. I was mostly finished. I just needed to shade and draw the dark brown spots of her body.
"What?!" Sango said shocked. I looked at her face. She was blushing. "have his child?!" I went over grabbed her hands in mine. I tried to put on a serious face.
"Sango, will you bear my child?" I said my tone dead serious. Her eyes widened. Her mouth dropped. then I shrugged releasing her hands laughing a little, "basically what his words will be when he ever asks you"
"It's strange that he hasn't used that line on you actually" Kagome said as I crawled back to my corner.
"Maybe he's waiting for her to feel better" I replied as I went back to my drawing. We spent the day relaxing in the room. Miroku returned right before we were about to recieve dinner. I was sitting beside Kagome and Sango was sitting on the other side of Kagome. Inuyasha and Miroku were sitting across from us and Shippo was to the side of us happily munching on his food. Kagome, Sango and I were eating but looking at Miroku with annoyance at the same time.
"Tell me Inuyasha is it my imagination or have the girls been staring at me quite coldly?" Miroku asked leaning into Inuyasha.
"I don't know Miroku..." Inuyasha replied, "maybe it's from all the womanizing"
"Huh?" he replied confused
"What do you expect Miroku?!" Inuyasha yelled, "they think your a floundering creep"
"I've been misunderstood" Miroku said, "you may not believe what I'm about to tell you but-"
"Your right about that" Kagome interrupted I took some pieces of food off my plate and gave it to Kirara.
"Spare us the lies" Sango replied
"And we'd rather not know the details" I said
"you could at least give me a chance to explain myself" Miroku replied.
"Personally I think that chance needs to be earned" I replied, "I mean now that I think about it, it's not that I'm mad about the womanizing, it's that you left us for a woman when we were demon hunting, and that sort of brings up the question, can we rely on you? will you be there when we need you or will you be chasing another pretty face? I mean I understand that this demon wasn't so formidable, but you never know what could happen, maybe there were more of them and all of us needed you to be there for help, it's just not right. we're a team, we don't leave each other stranded" The others and I looked at Miroku waiting for a response.
"You know I'll be there if you need me" Miroku said
"Great all I need to hear" I said as I gave some pieces of my fish to Kirara.
"Weren't you the one that went off on her own the other day" Kagome said looking at me.
"I didn't leave you stranded" I argued, "I went on my own to see if I could get my powers back if I really needed them...but didn't work" I looked at my food as I took a bite. Miroku started telling us about the woman being a giant prey mantis. We all brushed his story off. We told him we didn't want to hear his lies.