Chapter Ten

ONE YEAR LATER

"Our cubs are beautiful," Jasiri told Kamaria, his mate. He watched his two cubs wriggle around her, purring and squeaking.

"I thought of perfect names for them," Kamaria purred. "The girl will be Sauda and the boy will be-"

"Jake," Jasiri chirped. "That's his name."

Jake let out a squeak.

"What an unusual name," Kamaria said, looking at him. "I like it! It's perfect for him!"

Jasiri smiled and licked his mate on her cheek. "I know it is."

Kamaria purred and licked her two cubs.

Jasiri sighed with releif and looked up at the sky. A cool wind brushed through his fur. He laid down in the tall grass and smled. He then saw Maisha walking up to him. He stood up and looked at her.

"Hello," Maisha purred. "Congratulations." There were two cubs sitting next to her.

"Thanks," Her brother replied. "Some day, my cubs can play with yours. How about that, hmm?'

Maisha smiled. "That sounds nice. Hey, the collar is off you."

"Yeah. The humans returned one day and took it off of me."

"So," Maisha said, "You're not leaving your mate?"

"Nope," Jasiri said. "i'm perfectly happy here."

Maisha smiled anew. "That's great. Well, I guess you are different."

"And proud of it!" Jasiri chirped. "I hope my cubs will be just like me!"

Maisha glared at them. "Well, they just might be, brother. They just might be.

                                             THE END