In A Biology Project - Chapter 1

A/N: RivaMika fanfic for SNK lovers! :) (No hate for this couple please, I support EreMika too xD) In an AU which Mikasa, Levi, Sasha, Christa, Eren and Armin are studying in a science college. :3

“Would you like a room here, ma’am? We’ve got one more room left! Everyone’s welcome!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“.... This is my seat,” Mikasa went to the front of her “reserved” seat, only to find another man older than her by a few years sitting down on it. He had a nasty glare on his face, and he was gripping and reading a newspaper in his hands as he continued to blatantly ignore Mikasa. The surroundings were so quiet that even the flipping of pages could be heard. She was in the library to do some research, and some unknown stranger had stolen her seat.

“I said, this is my seat. Please get off,” Mikasa retorted impatiently. She glared at the man. This caused the people around them to divert their attention to the both of them.

He took his cup of coffee, holding it in a peculiar way -- his fingers were clutching onto the mouth of the cup, and he sipped the coffee. Pushing the coffee down his throat, he started, “I saw this empty seat first, so it’s mine. No one said it was *your* seat.” He was surprised to see that Mikasa was wearing a scarf even during summer. Doesn’t she feel warm?

Mikasa gritted her teeth and knitted her eyebrows together. “You bastard...!” Then she glanced at his shirt. The name tag said “Levi”, moreover, his formal dressing(and a cravat) meant that he was someone with a higher status than her. She could only suppress her anger so that others won’t have a bad impression of her. The crowd finally settled down in their seats.

“If you don’t want me to report this atrocious act to the principal.... Meet me at the cafeteria at 10 in the morning tomorrow,” Levi whispered to Mikasa. Then, he took the newspaper and returned it to the newspaper rack. He stalked off sassily, leaving the girls(except for Mikasa) in the library screaming and fangirling internally at him.

Mikasa stared at Levi’s body disappearing more and more into the background. Then something dawned on her -- he was shorter than her! Upon the realisation of this, Mikasa immediately snickered at Levi’s height in her mind -- an evil grin crept onto her face.

“Yo~! What’s with that creepy smile?” Professor Hanji’s voice boomed from behind, shoving her hand onto Mikasa’s shoulder. Professor Hanji had her hair in a usual messy ponytail and rounded glasses resting on her tender nose. “We’ll be doing a biology project tomorrow. Did you just encounter a plan for a sweet revenge?” She joked heartily. The librarian had to shush her.

“No,” Mikasa replied, which meant Hanji’s guess was wrong. “Prof. Hanji, do you know of a guy whose name is ‘Levi’?”

The next sentence left Mikasa shaking with anger.

“Well, of course! He'll be the new monitor of biology class, and he’ll be paired with you to do the biology project! I never knew you’ve met him before. It’ll be great!” Professor Hanji smiled  in satisfaction as she thought that teamwork was the key to success for a group project.

This is definitely NOT great. Mikasa thought seriously. If things develop the wrong way, consequences could be dire. “Can I switch--”

Professor Hanji’s phone rang. The librarian glared at her to stop making unnecessary noises. “Oops--! Sorry, gotta go! See ya later!” She sprinted out of the library to take her call, leaving Mikasa in the lurch.

Mikasa’s breathing intensified. “This will be the worst project I have ever done in my life.”

The next day - 10 am