In A Biology Project - Chapter 2

“Yahoo~!! Are you Mikasa Ackerman from the biology class? I’m Sasha Braus! Nice to meet you!” A bubbly and cheerful girl in a neat brown ponytail suddenly appeared in front of Mikasa, almost like a guardian angel appearing to help the suffering mortals.

“WOOOOOOOOOOO--” Sasha was flying.. Or rather, swinging crazily, on the electrical wires at the top. She headed towards Mikasa at full speed, and Mikasa dodged it at the eleventh hour. But unluckily for Sasha, she crashed headfirst into a tree with a thud, and slid down onto the ground. 

‘Obstacles do not overcome me’, or so they say; Sasha quickly picked herself up after colliding with a tree and did a salute for a greeting, only to see a bewildered Mikasa staring at her.

“Ah, well, never mind about that!” Sasha chuckled, as if nothing happened. “Would you like a room here, ma’am? We’ve got one more room left! Everyone’s welcome!”

Mikasa opened her mouth wide in agape. That’s exactly what she was looking for! But still, she was worried about rents. “Sasha... How much is the rent?”

“I did not say rent, ma’am!” Sasha’s eyes sparkled. “There’s a cute little girl in there who’s rich and can pay off our expenses!” With overflowing excitement, she pranced around, doing a few dance steps. “So~ Would you like a room then?”

Sasha might be too wild and cause dangerous stuff to happen, but... Oh well, this is the only choice I have now. Mikasa thought to herself, making a level-headed decision. “Hmm.... I guess I’ll move in with you.” She grudgingly accepted it.

“THEN IT’S DECIDED!!” Sasha screamed deafeningly in excitement, almost waking the neighbours up. “Come with me! I’ll show you where the room is!”

At the rooms

Standing before Mikasa and Sasha was a two-storey dormitory, though it looked... Dilapidated. The small and rusty iron wrought gate immediately fell apart with a clank, making Mikasa sweatdrop. Also, the whole building seemed to be made of wood. It was not too small, but not too big either, and it had a mini garden in there.

“U-Uh, I’ll get that fixed soon!” Sasha brushed it off quickly. “Come in!” She hurried Mikasa into the dormitory, wavering through the thorny bushes that almost covered the entrance. Mikasa was glad that she didn’t get any scratches from the thorns. Soon, they were inside the entrance of the dormitory.

“CHRISTA!! A NEW TENANT!! IS THE HOTPOT READY?!!” Sasha shouted hysterically as she was afraid that Christa wasn’t able to hear what she had shouted. Turning to Mikasa, she said, “Take off your shoes first, and you can leave your luggage here!”

Mikasa took off her shoes and placed it neatly on the shoerack, wondering what a “hotpot” was. And who “Christa” was. Without tugging her luggage, she followed Sasha into the dining room. And what awaited them was...

A sumptuous feast with meat, soup, rice, vegetables, seafood... Sasha drooled and Mikasa had sparkles in her eyes at the sight of it. In the middle of the table, there was a huge pot of soup.

Just then, Mikasa noticed another girl shorter than them, standing at the foot of the table with shoulder-length blonde hair and crystal blue eyes, wearing an apron with traces of uncooked stuff on it.

“K-Konnichiwa, my name’s Christa Renz, and I’m in the same class as you. I heard you were in the same biology class as me, and since you were coming over to this dormitory as a new tenant, Sasha and I prepared this hotpot for you--” She introduced shyly and blushed in embarrassment.

“Christa! Good job!!” Sasha smiled in satisfaction. “Ma’am, you must be hungry. We prepared this hotpot for you! This dorm has a tradition of preparing hotpot everytime a new tenant comes in! And Christa’s family is rich, so she’ll help us pay off our expenses!”

Mikasa’s stomach grumbled relentlessly like an old man. Looking at the extra bowl of rice and the set of utensils, she sat down and started to tuck in. “Itadakimasu...”

Sasha and Christa also sat down. “Itadakimasu! Welcome to our dorms!” And together, they toasted jubilantly using their glasses of juices.

After 2 hours, they managed to finish the hotpot. Christa blamed Sasha for buying too much ingredients, but they managed to finish all of them anyway.

“Hey, Sasha, how much do you know about Levi?” Mikasa asked after gulping down a huge glass of orange juice.

“Ah? Levi? Oh, you mean that new guy? He’s the son of the college’s principal. It’s every girl’s dream to marry him, since he looks very sassy. But still, I don’t wanna be with him. Ya know why?” Sasha said with her stomach bloated.

“No.... Why?”

“Because he’s a clean freak!! Ahahaha!”

“Sasha, don’t spread rumors and gossips,” Christa hushed her. “It’s a bad virtue.”

“What? It’s not even a rumor or a gossip! It’s the truth! Levi’s a clean freak! Sigh, a lot of his fangirls don’t even know that. Wait, Mikasa.. Maybe YOU’RE his fangirl?!” Sasha giggled, unwittingly agitating Mikasa.

“Never!” Mikasa suddenly barked. “That damn shorty. I hope no one marries him.” Then something hit her mind. She had found yet another Levi’s weakness! I shall blackmail him with this! A sinister grin crept onto Mikasa’s face, which scared Sasha and Christa.

Christa and Sasha helped Mikasa to unpack before sleeping. Mikasa’s room was beside Sasha’s, and Sasha’s room was beside Christa’s. In short, Sasha was in the middle of Mikasa and Christa.

The three girls tucked in quietly into their sleep.