• 4 •

Brenda

Brenda

I could not believe that Aaron was back home! When I happened to be back home! I knew he was mad at me for taking off to college in New York. He had always wanted us to go to college together back at home. But he needed to understand that I needed to get over him.

Had going all the way to New York made me forget Aaron? Forget the love I felt for him? No. It did not help. Neither did the past boyfriends I had back in New York either. They did not make me forget Aaron at all. Would my heart ever get over him? Maybe I only wanted him because I thought I did. Because he was the only man who did not beg to be with me.

"That has got to be it" I mutter to myself.

"Must be working you to hard around here" jokes Sailor to me as we worked together that after noon. I sigh.

"No, I am trying to train my brain to not think about someone it wants to think about" I explain to her.

"Oh, I see an ex-lover?" she asks with a wink.

"Never was a lover. He had been my best friend. I could have gotten any guy in town to be my man. But him. Anyone but him. I guess you could say he was the one who got away. I had not saw him since high school. Being back in town we had a little run in with each other" I sigh as I rest my arm on the counter. "Now, now I can't get him out of my head"

"Did he look wonderful? Or awful? Maybe think of a time when he made you mad or upset. Train your brain to hate him" she offers an alternative motive.

I shake my head.

"He never once did anything like that. He is perfect. Out of all the men I have ever known he never tried to hurt me or be cruel to me in anyway. I think that is part of the reason why I am so drawn to him" I explain to her. She nods.

"Makes sense. You have him on a pedestal. No one is perfect Brenda. Maybe find out what his flaws are. Dig some dirt up only for you to see he is not perfect" mentions Sailor.

"You know.... that would be a brilliant idea! I will try that after I get off of work" I tell her.

I grin.

"Better yet this place is slow today. Do it now" she offers. She gets out the business lap top. Hands it over to me. We giggle.

"Alright" I agree. I type up Aaron Winters name. Getting dirt on him.

Nothing was coming up. Everything was making him look even better than he already did! He raised a lot of money. Had went over to Africa. Helped build a safe haven for kids over there.

He helped build many new homes around in America for Habitat for humanity. What else had he been up to? I groan. I was afraid to read any more. It would cause my heart to burst with love. I had to get over this crush.