• 5 •

Aaron

Aaron

"Love is asking for forgiveness"

How often was it that the girl of my dreams was home when I was home? I avoided being at home as often as I could. But seeing as I had no choice but to go into hiding for awhile here I was back home.

Normally I did not worry about Brenda being back home. But here she was. Fate was it? Maybe. I was used to getting whatever woman I wanted into my bed. Not like my old days during high school. Now I never had been able to land Brenda in my bed. Or in her heart. She was always out of my league.

I was heartbroken when she chose to go far away to New York. I had considered following her to go to college where she was. Then I was about ready to just give up. It had been years since I tried and tried to win her over. I saw it was never going to work.

I might as well move on. Get on with my life. But truly I never got over the one who got away. Maybe I never would. Seeing her again here brought back so many memories for me. Painful ones. Happy ones. One's that my heart held onto all this time.

Somethings even money could not buy. Love was one of those things. I sigh as I glance over at her window next door. She was at work. She would not know I was looking. I look away. She was right about one thing.

Change. My room here at home was just the same as it was during my high school days. Maybe I should change it. Maybe it would help me stop thinking of her so damn much. Brenda was home. Making a new life for herself. She even had dates already lined up. Reminding me that a geek like me did not belong in her world.

For one stunning moment I got to hold her in my arms. Feel her kiss on my lips. I was craving more of her. I knew not to over step my boundaries' with her.

But I wanted to. I was not sure what came over me that past afternoon. Something came over me. I wanted her to see how much pain she caused my heart over the years. She never would understand the pain. Never. She did not care. That was clear.

The phone rings. I grab it. It was my coworker. Maybe they had an update on Kerrigan. Seeing as she stole my work from my company. I should have known that gold digger was not into me. That she had been up to something that whole entire time.

But I was blind sided by her. She was not as perfect as Brenda in anyway. But she had made me forget the pain of the past for a few moments in my life. All she had been doing the whole time was using me. She managed to do a great job in that to.

"Hey Charles. Any word on getting those blue prints back from the cobra?" I ask him when I answer the phone.

"She is asking for half a million dollars. That is a lot of money she wants to take from the company. Just so she can get her share. She will break us. Our employees depend on that money. On our funds Aaron" grumbles a worried Charles Goodrich.