• 9 •

Brenda

Brenda

"Love is an action"

• [Warning Sexual Conduct]•

I had a date. With Aaron. I wondered what he had planned for us. I grin. I had emailed my little sister to brag that I might be having a plus one at her wedding after all.

If all went well with Aaron and myself. There was soon a knock on my bedroom door. I glance over at the doorway there stood my mother smiling at me with her arms cross as she looks over at me.

"Second date for the night eh? That date the night before must have went well" she remarks.

I shake my head.

"Different guy new date" I say with a joyful smile.

"Look at my girl. Going out. Hitting the town. You will find Mr. Right before you know it" she promises me.

"I already have" I say with a grin. "Mom..."

"Yes Brenda?" she asks me.

"I have a date with a very special someone. Aaron...he asked me out" I brag joyfully.

"I knew it! I knew it! I knew you two still have feelings for each other" she laughs with joy as she hugs me. "I always wanted you two to end up together"

"Me to" I say with a happy smile.

The doorbell rings. I glance over at the clock. He was here. My handsome man was here. At last. My heart flutters joyfully. I check my make-up over one more time in the mirror as my mother rushes down to answer the door for me. My dream date.

It was really happening now! I could not stop smiling. Finally. Aaron was going on a real date with me! I sigh. Happy butterfly of nerves scatter around inside me.

"Brenda your handsome date is here" calls out mother from downstairs.

"Coming!" I call out.

I rush downstairs. I stop on the stairs. God, he was handsome. He was all dressed up in a stunning suite just for me. He let his hair curl almost like he used to wear it the way I always had loved it.

He beams a happy smile my way. I was froze on the stairs to see him really there to pick me up on this dream date. This was happening. Really happening. At long last. I wanted to fly down to his embrace. He had flowers in his hands for me. I make my way down to him. Our eyes locked on each other.

"Have fun you two" mom tells us before leaving us alone.

"You look stunning" he finally says softly. He makes his way to my side. He hands me the flowers.