Chapter 45

Mya POV

I was glad to hear that Cameron was happy about the baby. Yes this was unexpected, but we're going to take everything step by step.

After eating, Taylor wanted me to draw pictures with her.

"Are you going to draw me a picture?" I ask her and she nods her head.

"It's a surprise. You can't look yet."

"Okay. I'll make one for you too."

I begin drawing her a picture of a princess.

"Are you ready to see it now?" I ask her and she nods her head.

"Mya, it's pretty!"

"I drew a picture of Princess Taylor, from your bedtime story."

"Wow. I like it. I finished yours." She says.

"Okay."

"Close your eyes." She tells me and I cover my eyes.

"Okay, you can open them now."

I open my eyes and I see a picture of three people.

"Who did you draw?"

"You, me, and daddy in a park."

"Really? It's a very nice picture. I love it!"

"You can keep it."

"Okay, I will."

Cameron walks into the room and watches us. Taking care of Taylor is slowly helping me go into motherhood.

Yes, I just found out that I'm pregnant, but it's never too soon to start practicing.

After a few hours, the doorbell rings.

"It's probably Susan. Are you ready to go Taylor?" Cameron asks and she shakes her head no.

"I want to stay with Mya."

"I'll see you soon kiddo." I bend down to hug her.

"Do you mind if I have a word with Susan?" I ask Cameron.

"Okay, sure. Let me know if you need me." He says.

"I can handle myself."

I walk towards the door and open it to step outside.

"Mya, what a surprise." Susan says dryly.

"Listen, I know this whole situation is pretty messed up, but I just want you to hear me out. I never expected Cameron and I to get where we are now and I now see how disrespectful this had to be to you. So, woman to woman, I wanted to apologize to you for coming into your home and disrespecting you. I never wanted things to end up this way. If you don't accept my apology, then that's fine. I don't expect us to be friends or ever interact with each other again, but I wanted to get this off my chest and clear my conscience."

She looks at me with an uneasy look.

"I respect you for apologizing but I cannot respect you for having an affair with my husband. I can't find it in me to accept your apology now, maybe someday but not right now."

"I totally understand that." I nod before opening the door.

"Taylor look who's here." I say and Taylor runs to Susan.

"Mommy!"

"Come on babydoll. Aunt Sam is waiting for us. Tell your daddy you'll see him later."

"Bye daddy." Taylor gives Cameron a hug and a kiss.