Chapter 55

Mya POV

Knowing that the twins are safe, I was able to take a nap in peace.

Cameron is taking a nap in the chair next to me. It really is crazy what happened to Susan's sister.

I didn't mean to come off as selfish or anything because I decided to focus more on my baby. Her situation was sad but that's my child.

My parents and Callie and Tristan should be coming back later on tonight.

Cameron's cellphone starts ringing and I tap him to wake him up.

"Babe, your phone." I tap him again and he opens his eyes to answer his phone.

He puts the phone on speaker.

"Yes Landon?" Cameron says.

"Hey bro, how is everything going?"

"I take it you haven't seen the news yet."

"No, I haven't. What happened?"

"We'll talk later."

"Okay. Where's Mya?"

"She's here. You're on speaker."

"Hey Landon." I say.

"Hey Mya. How are you feeling?"

"I'm feeling okay. I'm just tired more than anything."

"Yeah, Gretchen was the same way after giving birth to our kids. So, what are the names?"

"Liam Alexander and Liana Olivia."

"Aww, cute. I'm looking to come to town real soon to see them. Tyler and I spoke about it earlier."

"That would be nice. Just leave Megan home." Cameron says and I shake my head.

"Yeah, we better. You and Mya don't need any negativity around you while you bond with the babies."

"Yeah. Landon, I really need to speak with you about something really important so I need to know when you'll be here." Cameron says.

"How important?"

"So important that I want to talk to you face to face and not over the phone."

"Okay. I can be there in two to three days."

"Perfect."

"Well, I was just calling to check in. Love you guys, see you soon." Landon says.

"We love you too." Cameron says before hanging up the phone.

"So, how are you feeling? About everything?" I ask Cameron.

"I'm still processing everything, you know? But I'm more than happy that we have newborns. I can't wait to watch them grow."

"Neither can I. I'm happy to share this whole experience with you."

Cameron takes my hand and kisses it.

"You know, when Susan and I were driving to get Liam, I was so scared Mya."

"I was too."

"We've been through so much in this relationship, but I feel like it's made us stronger."

"I wouldn't argue with you Cam. So, where do we go from here?"

"Wherever life takes us, I'm fine as long as I have you and our children."

Cameron and I look at each other and we smile. He takes my hand in his.

In this moment, I realize that no matter what happens, I want to be with Cameron.