xviii. how's life

F A C E T I M E !

noodle head is calling !

decline                  accept

call accepted !

call connecting...

"hey wy!" everly exclaims over all the talking coming from caleb, gaten, and sophia in the background.

"hi ev." wyatt smiles and waves at her.

"are you on facetime with wyatt?" sophia asks, but doesn't let everly answer and instead walks over from her previous position on the couch across from everly and sits down next to her instead.

"hey wyeet."  she says as she pops onscreen.

"don't call me that, soph." wyatt says, rolling his eyes.

"tell him i say 'hi' soph!" caleb exclaims.

"why don't you just tell him yourself? or scream louder so he can hear you?" gaten asks caleb.

"i heard him the first time!" wyatt exclaims.

"you two are across the room not across the street." everly rolls her eyes at her friends and then adds, "and why don't you two just come sit down here?"

"because no thank you."

"also there's not enough space on that couch for the four of us." caleb points out.

"i called ev to just see her anyway." wyatt says.

"right, right, i forget you like to have your girlfriend to yourself." sophia rolls her eyes and looks at caleb and gaten, then says, "guess we should go to the room, boys."

"sophia! we're not-" everly exclaims, her eyes widening and her cheeks flushing a bit, just as wyatt says, "we're just-"

"i'm joking! jesus." sophia tells them, cutting both of them off before they can finish their sentences.

"sure you are." gaten says, causing both him and caleb to laugh.

"i am! i do have to go to my room and change though, so i'll leave you two alone."

"caleb and gaten are still here, too, soph." wyatt points out.

"exactly!" caleb and gaten both exclaim.

"ok, alone for the most part then."

"doesn't count." everly shakes her head.

"wait. why do you have to go change?" wyatt questions, clearly confused since it was 9 o'clock in new york and sophia was in her pajamas already.

"we're gonna go bowling." gaten responds.

"he was asking me, gaten."

"i was, but it doesn't matter." wyatt tells sophia.

"yeah, yeah, whatever," sophia pretends to be annoyed and rolls her eyes, "i'm gonna go now, love you!" she says, waving to wyatt and squishing everly's cheeks before going to her room.

"so," gaten says, moving to sit next to everly, "how's life?"

"'how's life?' that's such a boring question." caleb tells gaten, moving to sit next to the opposite side of everly.

"it's not too bad!" everly says, trying to defend gaten.

"it's fine for small talk, but," wyatt shrugs his shoulders, "i guess."

"you didn't even answer the question, wy." everly smiles and rolls her eyes at him.

"i thought it was a general one!"

"that still means you could've answered it," caleb points out, "but, um, since it's a general question, life's good. and i'm moving to la soon."

"what! when?" everly turns to look at him knotting her eyebrows in confusion.

"really? have fun here, then." wyatt tells caleb.

"yeah," caleb nods his head, "my parents have been moving our stuff there for a while, but we're officially moving the 23rd. gaten," he motions to gaten, who smiles and shoots a thumbs up, "was the first person i had told."

"yeah, i was upset at first, but then i realized i'm usually in la for press and stuff so i still get to see him a bunch."

"wait, caleb, did you say the 23rd?" caleb looks at everly and says, "yup!"

"oh, hey! that's only a few days after i go to la." everly smiles and wraps one of her arms around caleb for a second before pulling back.

"you're still coming the 18th, right?" wyatt asks everly.

"yeah," everly nods her head as a confirmation and then asks, "why?"

"no reason. just asking."

"it's because he's gonna go to the-" gaten starts, but sophia finally re-enters the room and cuts him off by saying, "alright! let's go bowling losers."

"losers? look who's talking." gaten says.

"my bad, sir. i meant mouth breathers."

"mouth breathers!" caleb gasps dramatically, "how dare you!"

"hush up, oh my god. you idiot." everly tells caleb while laughing.

"guess you have to go then?" wyatt asks everly.

"yup," everly frowns, "text me tomorrow, though?"

"or don't. you keep hogging her and you're not even here. how'd you make that possible?" sophia sighs.

"soph!" everly exclaims, but then starts laughing.

"we're gonna start heading outside, ok?" gaten tells everly.

"yeah, ok." she nods her head and then adds, "i'll be out in a sec."

"ok, bye wyatt!" gaten exclaims, waving his hand and him and getting up to leave once wyatt returns his "bye" to him.

"see you soon, wyatt." caleb tells him, and then follows gaten outside.

"bye, wyatt. love you." sophia tells wyatt and then turns to everly, "don't be too long."

"i won't! promise."

"love you too, soph. bye!" wyatt says before sophia starts heading outside as well

"sorry we barely actually got to talk." everly tells wyatt apologetically.

"it's fine, don't worry. i missed those three anyway."

"don't you guys text all the time?" everly asks him.

"it's not the same! anyway, you should get going before they all attack me for making you make them wait for so long."

"no one attacks you." everly rolls her eyes and laughs a bit.

"they really do. it's unbelievable."

"sure, sure." she says in a mocking tone, but then says, "i actually am gonna go now, though."

"ok then. bye, cone head. have fun bowling."

"i don't look like- ok whatever. thank you, i will. bye, noddle head." everly says, which causes wyatt to laugh before he waves his hand and presses the button to end the facetime call.

this facetime has ended !