Chapter 3

Himchan opened his eyes and slowly scanning where he was.

'Where am I...'

He turned his head left and right and noticed that he was on a bed in some hospital's ICU. He felt his eyes started to blur. Also noticing that he was getting an IV, he tried to pluck the needle out.

He heard someone screamed inside his head. Sweats started to soak his head.

"Stop it..."

He heard other people screamed, this time a woman's voice.

"...please stop." He covered his ears and looked around. He wasn't in the ICU anymore. It was a dark bedroom. And he was not alone.

He was on the bed with two other dark shadows beside him. He panicked and got out from the bed, trying to escape the room.

Someone called his name. "Kim Himchan ssi!"

He ran in the dark room inside his head when another voice called his name.

"Kim Himchan ssi, are you okay?" Ayoung tapped his shoulders. His face seemed to lose focus. She asked him again. "Did you have a bad dream?"

Himchan reacted to her question and snapped back to reality. He felt relieved that he was still in the ICU with Ayoung stood in front of him. But his shuddering was still occurring. He squinted his eyes to recall who was the girl in front of him.

Ayoung touched his sweating forehead. "You're getting better but you still need some sleep. Come, let's go back to bed." She grabbed his arms to lead him to his bed.

Another screaming voice inside his head came again as she mentioned the word 'bed'. He tried to withstand in case she thought he was weird. But the screaming was still there, making his body shuddered even more.

"What is going on? Do you need anything?"

Frightened, he hugged her, hoping his realistic bad dream disappeared. She could feel his body was shuddering and soaking wet from excessive sweats.

"Get me out of here..." He stuttered. "...I want to sleep."

"You have to. Your bed is over there." She tried to comfort him but had no idea what she should do. So she just patted his back.

"Anywhere...but bed..." He let go of her. "...please..."

Ayoung stared at him. 'What is going on with him?'

--

After buying snacks and drinks, Ayoung went back the the car. Himchan was still sleeping soundly so she carefully opened and closed the door. He slept in the passenger seat with his arms crossed.

'What did happen that made him this way?' She thought, while drinking her soda. She saw a blanket in the backseat. She took it and put it over him. She stared at his peaceful sleeping face. "What am I doing here anyway. I don't even know who he is except the fact that he went to the same college as I did..."

She murmured and realised Jungah would be worried so she texted her.

Ayoung: 'I'm going to be home really late. Don't turn off the lights in the kitchen.'

She waited for ten minutes but no reply texts came in. Sighing, she tried to get some sleep. "I will never leave my ipod again, in case things like this happened." She flexed the car seat and shut her eyes.

--

Something poked Ayoung's cheek. It was cold and making her instantly opened her eyes wide. She could see that it was a can of coffee on her right cheek. But what made her eyes opened wider was that the sun had risen. She quickly got up and realised she was still in the car. With Himchan.