forgotten

Marshall and Aria sat in the middle of the fields—an umbrella protecting the Vampire King from the sun's harmful rays.

They appeared to be laughing—enjoying each other's company. They were far too enticed with one another to notice you. Peering closer, you watched her feed him the red of a couple strawberries before giving him a peck on the lips.

That very sight made you weak in the knees until you collapsed right then and there. The clang of your metal knee armor was enough to direct their attention to you.

"{ your name }?" He stood up, taking his umbrella as he hovered over to you. "Are you okay?"

At these words, a sudden rage clasped itself over you.

"Am I okay?!" You wearily rose to your feet. "According to Cake, I've been in a coma for about a week and you didn't even bother to come see me? I literally just woke up! I thought I was dead!"

"W—what?" He appeared to be in a state of bewilderment. "I—I—I didn't... I'm not sure how I couldn't have... I must've forgotten."

"You forgot about me?" He could see how hurt you were. He felt rotten knowing he'd disappointed you. He wanted nothing more than to always be sure you had a smile on your face. But now...

He'd let you down.

Marshall perceived the glassiness in your irises. His heart filled with sorrow as he had never seen you cry before. He was so convinced that you were too strong to let your skin be stained by salty, crystalline droplets. He reached out—his palm yearning to touch your soft cheek. But it was quickly grabbed back by...

Her.

"Marshy, I thought we were on a date."

He suddenly returned to his state of bewilderment—his opposite hand grabbing a fistful of his own ebony locks to show it. You frowned, unknowing as to why he was acting so... confused.

"Y—yeah... sorry, sunshine."

"Sunshine?" You asked aloud. He only called you sunshine. "Are you two... in a romantic relationship together?" You looked between them skeptically.

"Uh..." Marshall still appeared to be dazed. But a quick squeeze of his hand by Aria, and he refocused. "Yeah. After you got beat up by my mo—uh, Heather Abadeer, I was devastated. I thought I was going to lose you, and I had no one to comfort me. But Aria... she was there for me. And after a while, I realized how things clicked between the two of us. It just felt so... right."

This sounded nothing like him. He wouldn't have fallen in love with Aria in the span of a week. Nor would he have forgotten about you if he were grieving over your undecided fate of life or death. Something didn't add up.

"Well if you were so worried about me, why didn't you ever visit?"

"I... I don't know. { your name }, I promise I didn't—"

"You know what?" You stopped him—your palm lifting before his face. "I'm over it. It's okay. I'm okay, is probably what I should say. It never mattered anyways. Not like I may not have woken up or anything. Enjoy the rest of your date. Don't let me stop you from enjoying yourselves."

"{ your name }—" You were gone before he had the chance to say anything else. Your body was wrenched in pain, but you wanted to leave—you needed to leave. So with the inhuman speed of your boots, you sprinted as far away from Marshall and Aria as possible. Sure. The wounds you had cut you deep. But nothing could've hurt more than knowing that he didn't care for you as much as you thought he did.

You wandered the Land of Aaa, desperate to find a distraction of any shape or form. But everywhere you went, they were always there, doing the things only you and Marshall did together. He took her to see a movie, to roam the forest, to overlook the land from the skies... they were doing everything the two of you had once done.