Chapter 3

FYI The sentences in Italic are in French. But I don't know French well and don't want to use google translate.  

"So, is that the bakery you were talking about?"

They were in front of Dupain-Cheng Bakery. Alice knew it was Marinette's parents' bakery. She felt lucky because she was about to meet the other important character in her mission. 

"Yeap."

They got inside of the bakery. Marinette was behind the counter.

"Hey, Mari. Are you closed?"

"AADDRien. We are almost closed. I mean not closed. I mean... What do you want?"

Alice got closer to the Adrien. She wanted to check how Marinette will react. The moment Marinette realized Alice, she looked really suprised and down.

"Adrien, is that your friend you told me about? Hi! I'm Alice."

She waved while she introduce herself.

"I'm Marinette."

"I feel like we'll be close friends Marinette.May I call you Mari, too?"

In your dreams, boyfriend-stealer Marinette thought. What did she have and Marinette doesn't? 

"Mari, this is my cousin Alice. She came from US today."

It was a relief for Marinette to learn Alice is Adrien's cousin not girlfriend. She felt bad about her earlier thoughts. 

"Nice to meet you Alice."

Marinette's mother came while they were talking. 

"Mari, we're done with cleaning. Oh hey Adrien." 

"Good evening Mrs. Dupain-Cheng." 

"Mari, why don't you join your friends?" 

"Actually, we need to leave soon. Alice wanted some macarons on the way home. So, here we are."

"Oh macarons. What flavor do you want?"

"What do you have?"

"We don't have many left. A few lemon and honey, one cherry. "

"May I have all you have left?"

"Sure."

While Marinette was putting the macarons to a box, Alice paid. 

"Good evening Marinette. It was nice to meet you."

"Same." 

She smiled. Alice could understand she was jealous of her. She knew she is into Adrien and Alice was with him so it's normal, Alice thought.

"Adrien. That was the girl. right?"

"What do you mean if she was the girl?"

"The girl you liked."

"No, she wasn't. Mari is just a friend."

"That explains why you didn't stop checking her out for a second. Oh also why you brought me here instead of any other bakery."

"I brought you here because I know they bake good. AND I didn't check her."

"Whatever you say, Kitty."

"What did you just call me?"

"Kitty."

He was confused. What was the possiblities that she knew. How could she get any way?

"Why?" 

"I think you know the answer: I love cats, and I started to like you ,too, Kitty."

He relieved. Alice knew he thought that she knew his secret identity. The truth was she does, and she was trying to create the background to tell him the truth.

When they arrived home, they both headed to their rooms. Luckily, their rooms were in the same hallway.

"Adrien."

"Yes?"

"There is something I need to tell you.Do you have a little bit more time for me?"

"I need to do math homework. Can we talk later? It's already too late and I haven't started my homework, yet."

"Do you need help? I'm pretty good at math."

"Sure."

Alice followed him to his room. She wanted to tell him that she knew he is Cat Noir, so bad. However, she needed a plan first. If I directly tell him that I know his secret identity, can we still be friends?, ALice thought. Should she be his friend first then tell him the truth? Arggg! Probably, it's better if they become friends first. However, Adrien already saw her as a friend more than a cousin. He didn't know what does cousins do anyway.