Chapter 17

After practically begging for your life and making countless promises of "being on your best behavior" and "not telling anyone" Jimin allowed you to follow him out to the car. You quickly hopped into the passenger seat as he got into the driver's side and you flinched slightly when he slammed the door closed behind him.

He started the car and didn't even wait for you to finish locking in the seatbelt before putting the car into reverse and backing up. He switched the gear into drive and sped off toward the entrance gates of the property. Before he was even close to them they opened and allowed him to maintain the fast speed he was going at as he left the house.

It wasn't until you were on a main road did you dare to look over at Jimin. His fists were gripping the steering wheel tightly—so tight that his knuckles were white—and his jaw was clenched, a serious expression on his face as he kept his attention forward on the road. You trailed your eyes down to his chest to see that he had never done his seatbelt and while you knew he wasn't really in the mood you knew it wasn't very safe, especially at the speed he was going.

"U-Umm, Jimin?" you stuttered out nervously. He gave you a grunt to let you know he was listening.

"Your seatbelt...it isn't on," you said softly.

"I'm not really worried about that at the moment," he responded, his tone making chills run up your spine.

"I-I know but what if we get into an accident? I get that you're a vampire and it doesn't matter but could you at least save yourself from unnecessary pain?" you reasoned, wondering if he'd actually listen to you right now.

Jimin kept on driving for a few moments, as if he had ignored what you said completely, before he began switching hands on the steering wheel to help get his seatbelt on without stopping the car and wasting time. After you heard the click, signaling that the seatbelt was on properly, you smiled lightly and turned to look out your window, feeling satisfied.

"Thank you," you whispered.

The ride continued in a tense silence after that and you had felt the urge to turn on the radio multiple times. But you had a feeling Jimin wouldn't exactly appreciate that so instead you sided for staring out the window and leaving him alone in his thoughts. It was probably about twenty minutes later when you got off the main road and another ten minutes before you arrived at a large estate.

You had to admit the house was nice, but you definitely preferred Jimin's over this one

Jimin drove up to park next to several other cars already stopped in the driveway, which you assumed belonged to all the other guys. He quickly got out of the car and you followed him too, having to run around the car to keep up. He took large, fast paces over to the front door before knocking and waiting to be let in. You took a sneak peek up at his face to see him staring off somewhere, probably worrying about Jungkook's state, with an unreadable expression on his face.