Chapter 1- New Beginnings

CHAPTER 1

Genesis' POV:

"Move it, I was sitting there," Camden exclaimed slightly pissed.

"Keyword - 'was'. So I reserve all rights to sit here. It's not my fault you went to get chips and beer, who told you to get up?" replied Hunter smugly.

Cam rolled his eyes, a bit too dramatically, whilst hiding his smile. Suddenly, he dumps a whole bottle of beer on Hunter's head. In the bat of an eye, Hunter was on top of Cam, both of them throwing punches at each other.

My oh-so-wonderful brother, Camden, and his best friend act like they're four year olds fighting over a box of Capri-suns. This is the type of thing that happens every time Hunter decides to invite himself over to our house. I've tried stopping them multiple times, however it seems to have no effect.

The door started to creak open, and in a millisecond Hunter and Camden are both on the couch and eating my popcorn like they weren't just fighting moments ago. Before I could even wonder why, my answer strolled into the room. Her eyes hovered over the boys with a glare for a few seconds before they landed on me and softened. My Mom, dressed in a simple black sundress walked in alongside my Dad. He was still in his usual work clothes -dress pants and a button up shirt with a tie- talking on the phone.

After my Dad finished his call, both my parents sat down in the love-seat opposite of where we are sitting. They scan the room with disgust; popcorn and chips all over the carpet, walls sticky with beer, clothes all over the place. But this is the only place in the whole house that doesn't look like perfection. And that is because it is the only place my parents allow Hunter and Camden to goof around in, a place otherwise known as Camden's room.

My Dad clears his throat only to be interrupted by Hunter, "Look Pops, before you list punishments, I swear I only created like two of the messes here, rest were all Cam and Gen." Hunter is basically like my third brother. Camden, Rony, and I knew Hunter since diapers. And since Hunter's parents were mostly abroad, he stayed with us most of our childhood.

Hunter stopped speaking when he saw Cam and I glaring at him. I didn't create any of the messes here. They're the ones who invited me to watch White House Down with them.

"Thank you for the information Hunter, but I think that you three are old enough to not get advised by me on what to do with your life or how to clean and organize things. That is not why we are here. We actually wanted to talk to Genesis about something. Just consider this as a quick family meeting," my Dad said quickly, while looking over at my Mom as if he couldn't say what he was about to say.

My Mom, catching on, continued for him, "Gen, honey, you're twenty-three now. And seeing that you aren't exactly dating anyone or in any relationship-"

Hunter snorted quite loudly, interrupting her. My Mom eyes him with a pointed look.

Then she awkwardly started again, "Well, your father and I, we were talking to some old friends of ours and thought that... well-"

"Mom, for heaven's sake, just spit it out and stop dragging it on," I remarked, I could feel a foreign feeling of uneasiness developing in my stomach.

She looked rather taken back, "Well we found you a nice boy, and I think that he would be great for you. We just wanted to remind you that we've always given you what you wanted. All the worldly material things and all the love. Both of us including Camden, Rony, and ...um even Hunter have helped you and granted all your wishes. This is the one and only thing that your father and I are asking from you. The boy and his family are coming here in twenty minutes to meet you, but if you say no after you meet him and talk to him... then it is a no. We won't force you, but we really want you to consider it."