Chapter 9- Airbeds & Nonexistent Babies

_____________________________________

CHAPTER 9

Genesis' POV:

The wedding, the dinner, and the reception was over. I was currently sitting in the car with Jaime, Tess, Mark, and Traxton, who was driving while I was sitting next to him in the passenger's seat. My family went home after a series of hugs, kisses, and tears. Mom was somewhat reluctant to let me go, but eventually realized that she had to. I almost cried, but held back my emotions because I didn't want my new family to think I was a emotional wreck. God has a plan for me. And with the exception of Traxton, I genuinely love the Kings.Think good thoughts, Gen. Everyone was engaged in a conversation except me and Traxton. We were both silent.

"You have to call me Mom now too," Jaimi suddenly said, squeezing my shoulder from the back seat, causing me to snap back from whatever trance I was in.

"Um, yeah," I awkwardly responded, totally forgetting that she's my mother-in-law now. I heard Traxton grunt at my response but when I looked at him, his eyes were focused on the road. We finally reached the King's mansion, or I guess it's mine too now. I shuddered at the thought. But Traxton probably has another house, right? There's no way he's this loaded and still lives with his parents. A part of me wished that he actually did live in his family mansion and that we'd be staying there too, because I cannot be alone with him in a house.

As we walked in, Nana rushed over to Traxton and I and embraced us both warmly. She then let go of us, took mine and Traxton's hands, and held them tightly. She gave both us a squeeze and placed my hand in his.

"Take care of her, Sweetheart," she said speaking directly to him, Traxton nodded at his grandma and kissed her cheek, still holding my hand. I felt so awkward already.

Then looking at me she repeated, "Take care of my baby."

I nodded and with a smile I said, "Of course, Nana." She tapped her other cheek, gesturing me to also give her a kiss. Papa, Mark, and Jaime chuckled as I bent down and kissed the beaming woman on the cheek.

"Okay now you both go upstairs, your room is prepared. You will both be staying here for the next two weeks. Get a good night sleep, you both need it," Nana ordered adding a wink.

"Goodnight Nana, you need it too," Traxton and I said at the same time, from the corner of my eye I saw his head snap my way when we said it at the same time. But I let go of his hand and turned to Tess and Jaime, giving them both hugs and telling Mark and Papa goodnight.

"Awe, you guys are already in sync," Tess cooed, giving her brother a hug. Traxton slightly smiled but I could see he was faking it.

I went upstairs, Traxton leading the way into our room. Oh God. Do I have to sleep in the same bed as him? Traxton opened the door revealing a simple, yet elegant room. It had a California King mattress in the center and two small bedside tables on each side with a crystal lamp on top. There was a ginormous window that was covered with velvet maroon curtains.

"I'm gonna change here, you can change in the bathroom," Traxton muttered, taking me out of my surprised state.

"Yeah."

I walked towards the bathroom, still dazed at the beauty of the room, till I realized I had nothing to change into. I felt like an idiot. I slowly turned back to where Traxton was standing.

"Umm, I don't have-"

"Your clothes are in the closet on the left, the closet on the right is mine, don't go in there," Traxton interrupted me, then turning and walking to his closet.