Prologue: The Fed Up Middle Child

I currently sat on the dining table, eating what I can chew while ignoring the usual barb show between my older brother and younger sister

"Mom!! Suhyeon's gone insane!"

"Dahyeon's lying! She's been a lying bitch since birth!"

"You motherfucker!"

It's entertaining back then. Now I'm nearing the end of my patience to their arguments this early in the morning.

Swallowing the food, I stared at them blankly. I had more than 8 hours of sleep, yet I feel like I pulled an all-nighter without a wink of sleep.

Sometimes I wonder if I secretly got affected by carbon monoxide poisoning with all this skull-cracking headache.

Mom decided that the best course of action is to ignore the two hot-tempered siblings with their nonsense argument. She can't be bothered by them, or she simply don't want to threaten them with a kitchen knife.

Meanwhile, I'm the epitome of a middle child in every family with three children.

Simply ignored as if I'm invisible.

"Jihyeon!" Fuck, I just jinxed myself. I had to halt, almost about to put the food into my mouth when Suhyeon suddenly called my name. "Wanna join my crew?!"

Dahyeon rolled her eyes. "You're involving him with your mess? Seriously?"

I took the chance to finish eating.

Suhyeon can only force a smile at his sister. "Please shut up, Dahyeon!"

"Make me."

He heaved out a sigh, probably reminding himself constantly that she is his sister. Turning to me, his frustrated smile became similar to how businessmen smile at their potential investors.

I stared at him as he continued on with his usual words. "You've got good potential, Jihyeon. I thought maybe you'd also be intereste-"

"No thank you. I am not interested." Cutting him off is the best course of action as I stood up, taking my own bowl to wash in the sink.

He tried to hold onto me as if I'm his ex-to-be. But he's not that heavy. I easily walked with a koala dangling by my leg, getting dragged along my stride.

"Please! Jihyeon, look! I'm begging!" He announced the obvious. I have eyes, I can obviously see him beg. But the eldest of us Kim siblings really seem desperate enough to recruit me in his crew.