Chapter 2: Lightbulbs

(Thursday, 2017. 120 days before her birthday)

Jane

Willshire High is an average high school administration. We have six buildings and one is under construction. The largest building is called Bolt, the building is mainly composed of laboratories in the 6th and 5th floor. The first floor are just faculties for the teachers, and the rest are classrooms. And to the right of bolt we have the Jult building, which is the smallest but my definite favourite building because it was a big library, stacks of books everywhere. It was like the definition of heaven in earth.

The one to the left of Bolt is the Haven buliding. There's not much to talk about Haven, it's just a building with faculties, classrooms and a clinic. Come to think of it, I've never really been in the clinic before ... at the front of bolt is the principal's office with a detention classroom. And the last building was just near the gate of the school, the dove building. That building is used for musical purposes, a few classrooms and a temporary gym, until the 6th building is done with it's construction.

As we entered the bolt building we had warm welcomes as usual, from people that I probably have never met before. I honestly felt like a teacher because of how the students at Willshire High were treating me. Don't get me wrong, I love the attention, it's just that when your popular, your suddenly the target of every other popular girl in school.

We or should I say Jacob wanted to know where Damon's shrieking girls were going to throw the 'surprise' birthday greeting. After wandering around the Bolt building, I suddenly heard distant shouting and I looked at the direction from where the sound was coming from. The shrieking sounded like it was coming from the dove building, which I guess was logical considering he does love exercising and taking his shirt off.

"Jakey, I'm pretty sure the surprise greeting is at the dove building." I said having to point at the building while seeing some heads popping out, girls' heads to be exact. Jacob pulled my hand as we ran to the dove building. I literally almost tripped because he pulled my hand and ran so fast.

Just as we enter the dove building I saw Damon's face, he had that same grin on his face when he feels confident. A lot of girls think that his grin is sexy but I just think it's obnoxious. Is he some sort of a-list celebrity or what?

"Daaaamn. His grin is so sexy," Jacob said while sighing the sexy part. See what I mean.

The dove building had a stage at the 2nd floor where the crowd was. He came up the stage normally, except that there was a guy just behind him. He didn't look like he was part of Damon's posse. He had the same shade of brown eyes like mine, and he looked muscular judging from the size of his arms. He wore this black tee that has a monogram that says different. The tee was definitely living up to it's name. He was different... definitely.

He looks like the combination of Kj Apa and Chris Wood. He looks- looks so familiar. Like as if Deja vu was a friend of mine.

He suddenly looked at me and I hurriedly looked at a different angle. I could still feel his stare like he was beside me. The celebration went on about 30 to 50 minutes. Is this the president's birthday? Honestly, people are making it such a big deal.

Jacob excitedly shook my arm for at least twenty times telling me that Damon kept looking at me. But my attention was fixated on the new guy who seemed to always look in my direction like he owns me.