Chapter Four

When Stefani woke up, she found herself back in that same place. She sat up and noticed she was still on Taylor's couch, and smiled lightly. She laid her head back down and took in the scent of his pillow. "Sleep well?" She heard Taylor ask from behind her, causing her to turn. "Yes, actually. Very well. All I wanted was to sleep." "You definitely seemed tired. You ready to talk about what happened now?" He asked. She sat up slowly and sighed. "Like I said, all I wanted was to sleep... I got home and I tried to, but next thing I knew I woke up to Lüc on top of me... He wouldn't let me sleep, and I tried to fight him but, he wouldn't stop. He just kept calling me a slut. Which is not fair, because he's the reason I am one. I only do this for him." Stefani stopped to let a few tears roll down her cheek, and Taylor looked at her with wide, confused eyes. He had so many questions, but was unsure of where to start, and didn't want to offend or upset her. "Well... what do you mean he's the reason you're a slut." Taylor finally built up the courage to ask. Stefani took a deep breath and looked toward the window, the light catching her green eyes, mesmerizing Taylor even further. "He's the one who told me I needed to get that job. He's the one who pulled the strings to get it for me. Yet now anytime he's upset I don't want to have sex he uses it against me." Taylor sat for a moment, stunned and unsure yet again of how to respond. "So he makes you have sex with him then, is what you're saying?" Stefani began to feel embarrassed, hearing what she said repeated back to her in that way, and started to question if she was doing the right thing. "I... I um... I'm sorry, this was, this was a mistake, I don't know why I came here. I should get home." Taylor felt something inside of him jolt, and he stood up quickly, making Stefani wince. "No, no. I'm sorry, please don't go. I didn't mean to upset you, I was just curious. I just hate the thought of someone hurting you." Stefani, who'd previously had her eyes glued to the floor, looked up at him through her long lashes, and contemplated for a moment which of the million things her mind was telling her to do to listen to. "It's okay Taylor, you didn't upset me. It's just that... I can't impose on you like this. You have your own things to worry about. You just met me, you don't need all my baggage. As it is, I should stop fucking around and get home, Luc will be mad if I don't." With that a bitter silence fell over the room. "No, Stefani. You can't go back there. Not if he beats you, not if he... rapes you." The R word hit Stefani hard, and her body stiffened. "I don't know what you're talking about he doesn't do that to me." Taylor raised an eyebrow, "You just told me the other night, he hits you and..." Stefani cut him off, "NO, not that. I mean... rape... h-he doesn't, it's not. He's my boyfriend. It's not like that." Taylor looked deep into her green eyes with a small sigh. "Stefani, it is like that. Boyfriend or not, you say no and he does it anyway." She sat perfectly still for a minute, that bitter silence returning. No words were said for a long period of time, and Taylor started to wonder if she'd ever say anything again. "Please don't go back there. Stay here with me." He finally said, pulling Stefani out of her trance-like state. She took a deep breath. "I can't Taylor. I-I want to but I just can't. I just met you, and you have your own shit to worry about. I can't impose." Before he had a chance to argue, Stefani turned and ran out the door. Every fiber of her being wanted her to turn around and go back but she wouldn't let herself. She ran all the way home, dread filling her with every step closer she got.