Chapter 6

Y/n POV---

We were still in the same position. Just me and my mother.

A few days ago we had invited Jung kook and his family for dinner. He was on his way.

However my heart strings pulled. I had a bad feeling, almost as if I didn't want them to come.

Tell me is this déjà vu?
I really felt sick.

The doorbell rang and I sprang out of my mother's grasp.
I checked who was at the other side before chuckling a little to myself.

There was Jung kook making silly dances whilst his parents stood awkwardly behind him.

I opened the door for them to come in.

Half an hour passed, me and Jung kook were playing whilst the grown upside were talking amongst themselves.

All of a sudden there was a harsh knock at the door.

Mother got up and held her index finger to Jung kooks parents signaling that she'll be back in a minute.

Her foot steps echoed across the rooms, her steps were heavy and tired, the closer she came with the door, the more anxiety built up in my chest making me feel sick.

I grabbed jungkook's hand before sprinting up the stairs.
I hid him in my room before finding a suitable position for me to hide well but still have access to what was going on downstairs.

My side hit the wall gently as I peeked behind the staircase.

Finally arriving, my mother anxiously asked who was at the door.

However no response was heard other than another loud bang at the door.

Jungkook's head peeked out the door,
"What's going on?" he whispered with a unstable voice. The glint of spark from his eyes showed fear.

But it wasn't normal fear, it was expected fear, he knew something but didn't want to believe it.

I swallowed the dry lump formed in my throat.

Another violent bang came from the front door nearly sending me a heart attack.

My head snapped towards the sound.

Mothers hand reached for the door knob,unlocking it.

Bang

A gunshot right at the head.
Blood flew everywhere.
And my mothers body fell backwards in slow motion, her head hitting the table.

Her former lay lifeless on the ground.

Jungkook's parents rushed out to see what was going on only to be shot multiple of times too.

Whilst all this was happening I stood there like a statue.

Emotionless...

Jung kook on the other hand screamed and cried, the sadness in his voice could be heard from miles away.

This attracted my father's attention.

His gun aimed right for jungkook, I saw his fingers ready to pull the trigger.

I rushed to Jungkook's side pulling him into a hug with my back facing out words just as soon as he fired his last three gun shots.

The impact hit me hard, I restrained from losing my grip on Jungkook but as another bullet was heard, my body gave in to the pain.

I collapsed on my side.

And the last thing I saw was the last flicker of light the candle gave before completely burning out, leaving me in a lonely darkness.