SOLIVAGANT

(adj.) wandering alone
———
I don't particularly like being alone, but sometimes I just need it. Whether I sit by myself with a cup of coffee at some restaurant, or I'm walking around the city, or I lay on the couch watching old films while eating ice cream. Sometimes I just need to be alone. Don't get me wrong here, I love hanging out with friends and most of the time I drink coffee, eat ice cream, sing on the top of my lungs, or do whatever we feel like with someone else besides me. But I just like the calming thing about not having anyone around you from time to time.

Today is a "walking around the city" day, let me explain why.
I woke up to a call from my dad, which was weird, because normally my mom was the one to call. Apparently my little sister did something stupid and now has to stay with me for a while. Lets just say I wasn't to pleased with hearing that. Don't get me wrong here, I love my sister, most of the time. It's just that I really was enjoying not having her and my parents around me all the time, and now she has to stay with me for god knows how long.
As I walked out of the house, on my way to some little coffee shop where one of my friends works, my phone went off again. My sister was caller this time.
'What you want sis?'
'I, uhm, dad called you right?'
'Yeah he did, but why are you calling?'
'Can you pick me up? Please? I just can't stand it here. I already packed my bag, I don't want to be here anymore..' I heard her sobbing on the other end of the line.
'I will pick you up tonight around 8, in the mean time you apologize to mum and dad, I don't want you here while you're on bad terms with them.'
'Okay, I love you.'
'I love you too.'
I ended the phone call, turned the phone off and put it in my bag. After 5 more minutes I arrived at the coffeeshop, my friend, Dean, smiled at me but his smile turned into a pitiful look when he saw the look on my face.
'You need some coffee and a doughnut, you seem stressed' I payed, thanked him and walked out of the shop, onto the crowdy city of New York.

Wandering through New York feels like therapy, it's calming. You just walk or maybe run around and forget about everything that worries or bothers you.

I walked for a long time, around 3 hours maybe. I walked past tall buildings, cute shops, cozy looking cafes, a lot of people and around central park.

I got lost, but also not really lost, because that's the thing about wandering, you just wander without thinking about where you're going.
———

Hello there, you look pretty today.
I hope you liked this, because I didn't.
I also want you to know that I don't have a like update scheme or something because I'm lazy.
I know this one is a bit cliché, but I just love NYC and this is my way to go back there because I feel homesick, even though it's not my home.
And yeah that's me on the picture.

Have fun with whatever you're doing today.