Déjà Vu

*Ajar*

The group decided to follow the river back to it's source.  Up ahead, they could see a canyon.  "Alright, so the river from the Oasis went to the glowworm canyon," Pitt said, "So if that's the same canyon up ahead, then this river will lead us straight back home."  Ajar nods at his logic and looks around.  This place feels familiar he thought.  "Ajar, you alright?" Eva, who is slithering beside him, asks.  "Yeah, just getting a sense of déjà vu," Ajar replies.

"What's that up ahead?" Gary calls out behind them.  Ajar looks forward and notices a pile of rocks.  "Just a pile of rocks," Michael calls back.  But they looked familiar to Ajar.  "Hold on guys, I'm going to go check it out," he says and slithers over to it.  Where have I seen these before? he says to himself.  He looks closer at the pile and suddenly sees them in the shape of a den.  Wait, this pile.  This used to be my home!  he realizes.  He suddenly remembers the day that sandstorm took his family away.  "Guys, this- this pile of rocks was the den from my dreams," he calls back.  He looks for a way to get in.  He spots a hole that's just bigger than him.  He slips inside and waits for his eyes to adjust to the darkness.

When they do, he looks to his right and sees a withered skin.  Whoa, that nearly made me jump out of my own skin.  Although the color has faded, the scales look as though they were yellow or gold at some point.  He continues looking around but there was nothing else except the space he was inside of.  Sliding back out, the light temporarily blinds him until his eyes readjusted.  "So, did you find anything?" Pitt asks when Ajar catches up with the group.  "Not really, except for an old skin," he answers.  "Well, good news, the canyon up ahead IS the canyon with the glowworms," Pitt says.  And to think I went right past the very place I was born when looking for Eva he thinks.