Chapter 01

The sunlight streaming across my face woke me up from my nightmare. I sit up from my bed and saw various tubes connected from my body.

I feel light-headed and my body urges to go somewhere. I removed the tubes from me and stood up.

I changed for some comfortable clothes for this cold weather and grabbed my coat.

I went outside to feel the morning breeze. I don't feel cold at all.

"Where's Anna?" I thought.

People in the hospital were too busy doing their things. Doctors talking to some guardians, Nurses taking care of the oldies, kids playing around, I smiled and sighed.

Suddenly my eyes caught someone, a guy wearing a hospital's pajamas. He was alone, sitting under the tree. He has a sketch pad on his lap and a pencil on his left hand. He was staring at me. My body responded to his stare and automatically went closer to him.

"Good morning," he smiled.

I looked at my back to check if he was really talking to me. Then I looked back at him, confused.

"Why the long face Beatriz?" he asked.

"Uh.. Who are you?" I asked politely.

He shrugged, "Have you eaten?" then he put his hands on his pajamas and handed something to me, "I bet you like them."

"How did you know cookies were my favorite?"

"I don't know. I just have them," he smiled. "Eat."

I shook my head in confusion and sat next to him. "How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Mmm.. Not too long ago," he answered shortly. "You? What are you doing here?"

"I got into some accident."

"What kind?" he asked with curiousity in his face.

"Car accident. I was hit by a car while walking at the pedestrian lane."

"Tragic," he commented.

I nodded. "How about you? How did you get here?"

He looked deep into my eyes. His green eyes to my brown ones. There's a glint of sadness in them. We broke the contact when someone called me.

"Bea!"

I looked to the owner of the voice, "Anna!" I waved at her.

She ran to me and hugged me, "Where have you been? I thought you ran away again."

I frowned, "Run away? Why would I?"

"Why did you removed the tubes? You haven't eaten anything yet. And your doctor still doesn't allow you to roam outside. And where did you get that cookies?!"

I shook my head, "You have so many questions!" I exclaimed, "Someone gave this to me. He---" I trailed off when I saw no one sitting under the tree anymore.

"He? Who?" she grabbed my arm.

"Didn't you see the guy I was with a while ago?"

She looked at me, confused.

"He was sitting with me there.." I pointed at the tree, "He gave me this cookies."

She linked her arms to me, "I saw no one with you, Bea." she explained.

"You probably didn't notice him."

She slightly nodded, "Probably."