Chapter Two

Meri's Pov

" Mother, do you think I should add gargoyle toe to the mix? Wait, it might toughen up the mix." 

Right at the beginning of a trail in the woods lives a delusional girl named Meri. She lives alone after being shunned in her old city in Groteque. Why was she shunned? Because of the death of her parents, the people around her were always too scared to be anywhere near her. Not like she can blame them. She was the one who killed her parents, after all! That didn't stop her time with family, though, for she kept the skulls of her parents to stay with her.

Meri mixed up the last few ingredients of her newest potion. She sniffed it and grinned at the successful result. Now to try it out. She ran to her window , looking outside where the mailman slowly steps to her mailbox. Opening the window ,as soon as her mail was in the box, she threw the new potion out to hit the mailman. She then quickly opened a cage that held a wild wolf she kept hidden. She managed to starve it for two days just for this moment.

'Such fun!' she thought as the wolf started to chase the now meat smelling mailman. As her laughter faded into giggles, she went into the mailbox to see a letter. Hardly ever does she recieve mail, so it must be important.

Dear Oprela Household

Meri Oprela has been accepted into Mamiotell, the elite academy for gifted wizards. Meri has portrayed an outstanding amount of skill in these categories

* Potions

*Transformation spells

*Nightmarish Reality Spells

* Slight Manipulation

Those of us in the academy would be glad to have Meri at the academy by the afternoon.

~~  ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~          ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~          ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~  ~~

If they are so glad to have me, why not let me take my sweet time? Whatever, then. I'll just have to start packing and then somehow get there by 12:00. 

Inside the house, I start packing up clothes and books. I won't need to take much else because I can just gather rocks to transform. A ribbit sounds through my ears and my pet toad named Dog hops nears my bag.

 Aww, he wants to come with me. I'm not even sure if I can bring pets. Dog and I would get into so much trouble to our trips into town. I'm surely going to miss him

Now that I think about it, this is an elite school with proper ,well behaved kids. They are going to need a few troublemakers~

I head towards the door with my bags as I look back to my mom and dad. I walk close to them and give a small kiss on both of their cheeks.

"Make sure the house doesn't burn. Goodbye." 

A giant rock is close to her house ,so I tie a rope around it and whispers a spell. The rock turns into a large balloon. I hold onto the rope as I fly off.

I arrive and start to look around.  The campus looks so clean and bright as the sun. It makes me hope I don't get skin cancer from it. I start walking until I hear someone beside me. I only listen to them for a few seconds but I didn't say anything. I already know who I am. A Deathlen. I have sharp teeth and slightly pointed ear with long nails. The girl trying to talk to me looks brighter and more alive.

I was just about to walk away until I heard her say 'friend'.

"No!"

I walk off to find the Groteque dorms. No offense to her but it simply isn't what I need right now. Friends. I haven't had those since I was young. They are supposed to stay but what good are they if they can't do that!

The Groteque dorms are older compared to the others. Groteque may not be the nicest place you'll visit but it shouldn't be represented this way. My people are just more violent than the others. We should have the same upgrades in the dorms like I see the others have.

We should have, wait,

Is that a turtle?