[ 9 ]

( unedited )

Suho POV

I was walking down the hallway when suddenly Eunwoo walked passing me while playing with his phone ; he looked rushing. I decided not to follow him but then, I heard he saying, "You already got the box? Okay, noona. I'll be there in two minutes."

I changed my mind. I secretly followed as he was heading to the rooftop. I tried my best not to make any single sound so he won't notice me. I peeked through the door as I was Eunwoo sitting with Eunji and Dohyun.

What were they doing with box of evidences?

Just then I heard Eunji saying to Dohyun not to tell me about something. I wondered what was that. As I was too focusing on what they were talking, someone suddenly tapped on my shoulder.

"Yah, you scared me!" I whispered-shouted to Yugyeom.

"What are you doing here, hyung?" He asked me with innocent face.

"I think Eunji, Dohyun and Eunwoo are up to do something but I don't know what is it." I said while pointing to the door.

Yugyeom took a look as he nodded. "They are planning something."

"Shall we jump out now or wait for them to tell us, hyung?" Yugyeom looked at me as I thought for a while.

"Just wait for them to tell us but if they don't tell us anything within five days, we'll figure out by ourselves." Yugyeom nodded as we both left the scene.

————

It had been a week but Eunji , Eunwoo and Dohyun still didn't say or mention anything. Yugyeom forced me to use my power as one of the oldest members in the team to force them to talk but I just told him to wait patiently.

When it came to the right time, I knew they would tell us.

I was on my way to visit Jisub when suddenly, I got a phone call. It was from my mother. I looked around as I quickly ran to the exit stairs and answered the call.

"Omma, why do you call me? Do you need anything?" I asked in worried tone.

"So a mom must call their child when they need something only?" I could sense a sarcasm in her voice.

"No, omma. It isn't like that. I mean, didn't I tell you to call me only if there's a big emergency and stuff." I said and omma sighed.

"I just miss my son so much. You don't know how worry am I when I haven't heard any news about you for like three months or maybe more." I smiled as I sat down and hugged my knees.

"Aigoo, my mom is so sweet but omma, you don't have to worry. I'm just fine with my works." I replied as I looked at my reflection on the floor.

"I don't understand why you don't want to work with appa. It's much easier and more safe than being a policeman. Your life is always in danger. Catching criminals and playing with guns, it's not safe." I suddenly missed omma.

She always been protective when it came to me. She would do anything to make sure I was safe and comfortable. When I decided not to follow my father's path and want to be a policeman, she cried so hard for a week. Not to mention when I went to police's entrance exam, she begged me don't go.

And when I passed and accepted into police academy, she came to visit me like every single day to make sure about me. She just really loved me so much.

Different from my father, he was supportive about my decision even though he was disappointed a bit a first since I wasn't follow his path anymore. He bought me lots of books when I said my entrance exam would be in a month. On my last birthday, appa gave me a big motorbike and special bulletproof vest.