Chapter 3

• Dedicated to my room which i should be cleaning

Hannah had plans to meet up with Danielle the following morning for breakfast. They both arrived twenty minutes before 8:30 which was when they were supposed to meet.

D- "Hey sorry for acting so weird last night."

H- "It's fine. Is everything okay? You seem like you have something on your mind?"

D-"I do actually. It's um well you know the strange texts you've been getting? You know what actually never mind."

Suddenly Danielle stood up and walked right out of the cafe. Hannah had known Danielle for eight years and she had never acted so strangely before. It felt like Hannah had no one left to talk to. Even Amanda stopped answering her texts. Why is everyone acting so strange? She thought to herself.

Shortly after Hannah's breakfast alone she had to go to ballet class. She had been taking ballet for years and had a few friends there who might be able to help her. Her friend Angelina who she had been dancing with since she started class also got there early. So she tried talking to her. Strangely when she said Chuck's name Angelina pretended to call her mom for a water bottle even though Hannah saw one in her bag.

A few minutes later her friend Lexi came in. This time she avoided using Chuck's name but right when she mentioned Danielle, Lexi had to go to the bathroom. All throughout the rest of the day all Hannah could think about was Chuck. And Danielle. And Amanda. And Angelina. And Lexi. She decided that since she had acted weird around Chuck she should text him and apologize. As she was reaching for her phone she heard it.Beep!It was from Chuck. She sighed from relief when she saw that it was from him.

C- Hey we need to talk.

H-Yea. I know. I'm so sorry.

C- What happened? Was it a text?

H-Yea. Can we meet up to talk about it?

C-Sure I'll be right over.

Hannah put her phone down so she could get ready.

Beep!

I told you to stay away. Now you'll pay.

Hannah immediately called Chuck and left a voice mail canceling. Maybe I should stay away she thought. But she couldn't. This was the first time in her life she had everything she wanted. She had the guy she's had a crush on for four years and she had amazing friends. But now, she messed everything up. She decided to try to text the one person who she hadn't talked to yet. Her older sister, Isabel who was more of a friend to her than a sister.

H-Hey

I-Hey what’s up little sis?

H-Nothing much. Are you busy today? I really need to talk.

I- Yea i actually have plans all week. Sorry. See you soon xoxo.

Hannah couldn't believe it. Her sister who had never been too busy for her before suddenly had plans all day every day this week. And then Hannah realized something. The way Isabel ended her text. xoxo. Hadn't the unknown texter used that to end a text once?

"I can't believe it," Hannah said. "It's Isabel."