Chapter 5

Hannah's Pov

The next morning, being a Saturday, I had ballet class with Angelina and Lexi and I knew it was the perfect oppertunity to talk to the both of them alone before class would start. I made sure I arrived even earlier than usual so I had time to think about what she would say when Angelina when she walked in, knowing she would arrive before Lexi. When Angelina got there I said hi and we talked a little but I mait for the perfect moment to bring up the situation. Yet again, when I mentioned Chuck's name Angelina said that she had forgotten a water bottle and that she had to call her mom for one. This time, being one step ahead or her I pointed out she had a water bottle right in her dance bag.. 

"Oh yea. There it is." She anxiously looked up at the clock. "I wasn't really calling my mom for a water bottle. It's just well my parents split up a few weeks ago and this is the only time on Saturdays that I can talk to my mom." She finished with tears beginning to flood her eyes.

"I'm so sorry. Of course just go call her." I can't believe I thought it could be Hannah. I felt so bad for putting her in a position where she had to tell me what was going on in her home life. It took a lot of thinking to even decide on still talking to Lexi. What if she had things going on too? I didn't want to force anymore people to tell me their buisness. However, I didn't have much time to do this thinking because right after Angelina went to go call her mom Lexi got there. I decided to talk to her. I told her everything that happened. Well everything except for the part about the texts.

After a while I noticed that whenever I would mention Chuck's name she would smile a little and even look down at the ground. Even after I told her the entire story she was still smiling. I couldn't believe it. That's it! The texts must be from her. Why else would she find it so funny? Angelina surely didn't.

"Why are you smiling so much? Is this funny? Am I being punked?" I said confused.

"Well, it's just that Chuck and I dated last year and I still have feelings for him. I guess hearing his name still makes me smile." Lexi answered not to rub in my face the fact that we dated but simply stating a fact. 

"I know this is going to sound weird but have you been sending me texts from an unknown number?" 

"No....of course not. Why? Have you been getting anonymous texts?" I told her about the texts and how they are the reason why I'm afraid to be with Chuck. Lexi couldn't believe that someone would actually do that to me. She told me to continue talking to people. What I didn't tell her is my list of suspects is starting to run out and I didn't know who else to talk to. 

Shortly after my conversation with Lexi ended our teacher got there and class began. All throughtout class i thought about the rest of the possible suspects and why I was considering them to be the "unknown texter'.

The only person that came to my mind was Amanda because she stopped answering my texts when I mentioned Chuck's name. If it was't Amanda I would have to talk to Chuck about it. I'm not sure why but I actually hoped that it was Amanda sending these messages so I didn't have to talk to Chuck about it. I decided to take the same approach with her that I did with Danielle. I texted her to invite her over this way I would be able to talk to her in person. 

Twenty minutes later Amanda and I were sitting in my living room talking about school and our annoying teachers. After a little while when that conversation ended I brought up what has been happening lately with Chuck. I made sure to leave out the part about the texts. But I did ask her why she hasn't been answering my texts. 

"Well, I didn't answer your text that day because someone had just told me that you started a rumor that Marc and I were making out in the janitor's closet. I wasn't sure if it was really you who had started it." I couldn't believe it. The person who I think of as my second closest friend thinks that I would start a rumor like that about her. 

"Of course it wasn't me! You're one of my closest friends I would never do something like that to you." We talked for a little longer until her mom came to pick her up to go to soccer practice. Well, I thought to myself, it wasn't Isabel, Danielle, Angelina, Lexi or Amanda so that only meant one thing. I have to talk to Chuck and tell him what has been going on. Maybe he'll be able to help me or at least have an idea of who it might be from.

As much as I didn't want to talk to him I sent the text,

Hey. We need to talk.

I waited by my phone for a reply for about 5 minutes. Realizing he probably didn't want to talk to me I walked over by my desk to work on my homework. I was half way done with my math workseet when - Beep! Beep! 

2 messages at the same time? That was weird. I unlocked my phone to see who they were from one was from Chuck and the other was from an unknown number. I read Chuck's messsage first. 

Hey! Yea, sure. Tomorrow after school? My place?

Even a text message from him could put an everlasting smile on my face. I quickly answered that it was perfect. I took a deap breath in and opened the text from the unknown number.

I told you. Chuck is MINE. He would never blame me for doing something like this. 

I was so confused. How could whoever was sending these texts even knowabout my plans to meet up with Chuck tomorrow? Had she figured out how to intercept texts between our phones? The only way anyone would've known about these plans was if Chuck or I had told them. Clearly neither of us would've had time to tell anyone by the time I got the text. Was the unknown texter not only ruining my relationship but stalking me or Chuck?

Starting next chapter I will be doing dedications. The order of people who comment will recieve dedications. If no one comments I will randomly pick a follower to dedicate a chapter to. If you comment and follow me you will go to the top of the list.