Chapter 4

A week passed and Hannah had begun to keep to herself. She hadn't said anything more than hey to her friends and hadn't talked to Chuck all week. It had been a full week since she had received any texts from the unknown texter and she began to feel as if they had stopped for good. Beep!

"Oh god" Hannah said out loud even though no one else was around. It was from Chuck. She had a huge smile on her face just from seeing his name and knowing he was thinking about her.

See you later babe.

Omg I'm so sorry wrong person.

Hannah couldn't believe it. Not only had he not been thinking about her but he had already moved on. Their date was only a little over a week ago.

Isabel hadn't been acting as weird as she had when Hannah texted her last but, she did say that she had plans for tonight. Hannah still thought that Isabel was the unknown texter. Before Isabel left the house earlier she said she would be going out with friends, hopefully their mom wasn't with her to.

Hey Isabel. Mom wants to know who your plans are with tonight.

Hannah, I'm with mom why do you want to know who my plans are with.

"Crap." Hannah's plan had failed and now Isabel thought Hannah was acting weird. Hannah didn't answer Isabel or Chuck's messages. Chuck clearly didn't want to talk to her. He already moved on and had a date for tonight. Even if Isabel wasn't the unknown texter maybe whoever it was is the girl that Chuck is calling babe. Maybe whoever it was could actually call Chuck theirs now. Hannah decided that it was finally time to text Danielle. They hadn't talked in a week and Hannah was starting to miss her.

Hey want to come over?

Sure! Be there in five.

Hannah decided not to bring up Chuck or what happened at the cafe because she didn't want Danielle to walk out. Hannah hurried to clean her room and before she knew it-Beep!

Hey, I'm here.

Hannah ran downstairs and opened the door. Her mom was home now so they went upstairs to Hannah's room to hang out. They sat in silence for a few minutes and pretended they were doing things on their phones.

"I have to apologize." Danielle blurted out as if she couldn't hold it in anymore.

"It's okay. I'm not mad about you leaving the cafe the other day."

"No it's not about that i have to tell you something."

"What?"

“I’ve had a huge crush on Chuck and that's why I've been avoiding you."

"So the texts were from you?" Danielle had no idea what texts Hannah was talking about so she had to explain everything about the texts and everything that has been happening lately. Danielle couldn't believe someone would actually send those texts to Hannah or that Chuck had moved on so quickly. Danielle didn’t think that the unknown texter could be Isabel though. She told Hannah to stay up and talk to Isabel when she got home that night. Danielle hung out for a while and then went back home because she had to do homework for school the next day. Isabel got home around 10 and Hannah went into her room to talk to her. 

"Why have you been so busy lately? I've barely seen you in the past week."

"Well I wasn't going to tell you yet but I've been dating Chuck's older brother Max. I was going to wait to tell you because I know how much you like Chuck." Hannah couldn't believe it. So Isabel wasn't the unknown texter. She decided to tell her everything in hopes that she might have an idea of who the texts were from. When Hannah finished telling Isabel she didn't know what to say. She was in shock that someone had been sending Hannah texts like that.

"You're going to have to keep talking to everyone who has been acting strange since the texts started. Who do you think you should talk to next?"

"I think I'm going to Angelina next. She's definitely trying to hide something I just have to find out what."