Chapter 3 - The Road Ahead

The door burst open. I did my best to push the window. I was able to crack it but that was not my purpose. I pushed it once more and it finally opened wider... A space wide enough for me... And these zombies.

I did my best to hold them off using the bed. It managed to do so. I hurriedly climbed down. While clinging to the rope i did my best to close the window.

I hurriedly went down the makeshift rope but suddenly I felt like floating. My stomach felt like it had butterflies in it.

I was falling and to fall was what I did.

I stood up with a groan, Adrenaline numbing my pain. If I wanted to live i'll have to get out of here... And i have to get out fast but it was harder than expected, broken branches stuck to my skin, specks of blood was following me wherever I walk. ThenI felt like vomiting. I was going to yell for help yet all that escaped in my mouth was a yelp. Then before I knew it I blacked out.

I slowly opened my eyes. I was in a bed the color of the orange sky filled my vision. It must have been a dream. No, Mayve its a nightmare but something was off. This is not... My room.

What happened? Why am I here?

Remember Lisa, Remember!

"She's awake!" A harsh whisper broke through the silent air.

I tried to speak but only a silent whimper escaped my throat.

I'm probably dehytrated.

"Here." A female voice whispered softly yet harsh, while handing a suppposedly bottle of water to me.

"O-Oh..." I tried to tilt my head up, it took a few tries but I made it and drank the water.

"Where... are... we?" I asked once I regained my voice, It was still a whisper but its louder this time. Groans echoed outside the area sorrounding us.

"We are at the Faculty Room in the second floor. After you fled the building, The crazed students followed suit. At first it didn't seem like they're gonna make it but they piled up and their bodies became a cushion for the rest to jump off safely and so we fled." The lady said.

"Crazed... Students?"

"Have you forgot?"

"Maybe i'm just tired..." The last word barely made out of my mouth as my tears become to fall.

"Come on now... Its alright" The lady cooed.

"All...right?"

"Yes... Take a rest while we are preparing." The woman says smiling then turning back.

Preparing for what? And who is that woman?

I turned to my side and closed my eyes. Despite my efforts I was not able to sleep. I sat up and stared at my bed. I noticed that it was actually just a cabinet, with some clothes providing as a blanket.

I have to pee.

I stood up but I was overwhelmed by pain in my head. I sat down again. Not knowing what to do.

What have i gotten myself into?

I sighed taking a slower and took a more careful way of standing up. My head ached so much that i didn't notice the bandages covering my arms until now.
The white rags that served as bandages were littered with specks of blood.

My eyes widened in shock.

I realized that they were causing the pain in my arms but now that i've seen it, it became more painful. A tear slipped through my eye.

"Are you alright Ms. Lisa?" A grade one student asked me. She was one of the pupils that always behaved, Allison.

"Yeah, thank you for asking" I said doing my best to maintain my fake smile.

"Where are my parents?" Allison asked in a sad, sweet voice.

"Im sure they are coming sweetie... Im sure they are." My throat still hurt but I have to endure it, for the kid. "Are you alright Allison?"

"Yeah... My bruvver went out earlier but he still hasn't come back."

"I-I have to go. I will come back later, ok?" Then something went to my mind, Eliza.

"Is Eliza here Allison?" I asked her in a soft whisper.

"She's sweeping"

"Sweeping? Do you mean sleeping?" Eliza could nevet get his L's right.

"Yes, sweeping"

"And this is thr faculty room right?"

"Yes"

"Ok I will just pee ok? The comfort room is on the right side. Lock the doors."

"Ok, Ms. Lisa."

I hurriedly went to the door leading to the comfort room. Once I was in I sat down and thought about everything.

What happened to this world. God help us.

I was done peeing. I hurriedly went out to check on Allison.

She did not do anything... Stop being paranoid Lisa.

"Hey yo!" I jumped when I heard the voice. It was familiar though.

"Eliza!" I ran and hugged her.

"C'mon now. Don't be clingy." She said with a laugh. "You need to prepare we will go out once her brother comes back."

"Ah... I just remembered, I grabbed some pills before I... Fell down."

"Ah, yes we have those" Eliza reached into a backpack and held a pill named "Acetaminophen"

"What's that?'

"Pretty sure its a painkiller. Anyways, here's your backpack. If you have something you need put it there. We will be going in a short while." Eliza sat with a sigh putting her hands behind het head. "Or you can just rest, It is a long road ahead after all."

"Where are we going?" Placing a water bottle inside the pack.

"I honestly dont know. Somewhere safe. With a lot of food."

"We are going to the past then" I said with a slight laugh. I realized that it was not funny, it was kind of sad to be honest.

"You're pathetic." Eliza said with a smile.

"When is my brother coming back?" Asked Allison with a sad look.

"Soon." Eliza said, "Soon."

I looked at the window in the room. Morning was coming.