Chapter 2 - Eliza

L2

I walked out of the room with my sandals on.  I couldn't help noticing that my sandals stuck a bit to the ground and there was a decaying stench that I can't quite comprehend that filled the air and made its way to my nostrils. The wind howled making papers and books that students once used fly through the process. Despite the chorus of flittering papers and the singing wind...

I heard a whimper.

It was coming from the comfort rooms, I went in hoping to find some answers of what happened.

The comfort rooms provided comfort that the outside didn't have and yet the atmosphere didn't change. Five stalls in the comfort room were lined in this place.

Clutching my small bag tightly, I gained courage to knock on the first stall, It opened in response. A Lady walked out of the stall staggering with her every step. Blood stained her mouth and her hair was ruffled.  Her right arm's sleeve was tattered and destroyed. A fresh wound was hidden in her arm.

"Wha-What happened to you?" I asked fear obvious in my voice.

'For all I know there might be someone in this stall who did this... She is probably in a lot of pain right now.'

I expected a scream out of her, I expected tears to come streaming from her eyes but instead all that came out was a groan.

I approached her thinking she might be in shock but instead she swiped at me. I dodged.

"Now, Now im just trying to help you. I will call the nurse and be right back,  ok? " I said, afraid of what she would do to me.

She groaned and took two steps closer.

I bolted outside and tried to quickly go to the nurse's office which was located at the second floor. I stopped as I noticed that the smell of an indistinguishable scent hit me stronger this time, Like it was closer. I ignored it and kept running.

Then that's when I noticed it.

Students were chasing after me with the same condition as the lady in the comfort room.

Something is terribly wrong.

They were stepping on each other, Actually They were Trampling each other.  Yet it seems like they don't feel pain... At all.

Before I  knew it I was in the clinic, Panting heavily. I hurriedly lock the door doing it so before my pursuers tried to open the door. I slid a clinic bed behind the door holding it by its metal handle, its screeching noise accompanying me as it had no wheels. It would help me buy time. The door rattled but it stayed in its hinges.

I collapsed on the floor beneath me sweating heavily. This place seems untouched, The lingering scent of isoprophyl alcohol still hung in the air.
The antibiotics were lined in a shelf nearby and the aircon still hummed. 

I noticed that there was a open window where all the cool air rushed outside.
I approached in hopes of closing it and take a look outside but before I can fully close it, It stopped.  A lump of cloth is dangling off the window.

'Someone probably went out here,'

Looking outside confirmed my thoughts. A teenager and maybe a preschooler stood beneath it, frozen in their tracks. The child was clinging onto the teenager, presumably her brother, as they stared at the three students accross them.

They run to their left going to a playground as the three students gave chase. It was three o' clock in the afternoon. I sighed'Its not dismissal time yet but they're already playing tag.'

The problem is they weren't. These students have the same bite marks and tattered clothing as the other students, Then that's where I realized it. They were running for their lives.

'How dumb of a teacher am I? '

Those people are crazy, like the man earlier however these ones chase after you and based from my conclusion eat others. I try to ignore the facts and now I need to face it.

It's a Zombie Apocalypse.

I need to help them and I need to do it quick. I took a fire extinguisher near the door and tried to scale the wall to go under however the cloth was destroyed from down under.

I panicked... Those two are not going to make it.  I cried bitter tears. I held the tip of the window until my knuckles were white.

"Throw the fire extinguisher now!" A female voice shouted.

I looked in confusion. I saw a lady with brown hair and a pink dress. Her face was bloodied and her eyes were determined. She had no shoes nor sandals, only wearing her socks.  Then I realized who it was, It was Eliza.

I threw the extinguisher down. She catched it perfectly and ran forward while shouting to catch their attention.

Two of the students turned around and followed her. She knocked the first student down to the ground. The third one hearing the commotion turned around and followed Eliza too.

Watching her dulled the noise of the students slaming their bloodied hands at the door behind me.

She pressed the handle of the extinguisher and performed a smokescreen temporarily blinding the three students.

But it would blind her wouldn't it?

Her movements shifted the smoke that she blew, Giving her some space for sight. In a flash Eliza was on their side telling them unhearable instructions. The two students nodded and went up the monkey bars.  Out of reach from the infected.

Eliza advanced and smashed the knee of the first student, making it fall, face first into the sand. The others groaned their cliched groans.

A student with blonde hair covered in blood advanced fast and swiped at her. She dodged to her left and almost crashed to another student which had dislocated jaws. This made me realize how lucky I was earlier with one of the infected.

She turned arount to the student that had dislocated its jaws and did the same strategy on what she did to the first male student however after this she bashed sown the extinguisher making the student's pitiful life  end.

The blonde was catching up.

Before I knew it she was done with the three creatures.

"Hurry up and join us!" Eliza looked up shouting then went back to the two other survivors.

'She's right but how?  The makeshift rope is broken and im in the second floor whoch is still pretty high.'  I saw two backpacks in the corner of my eye and took it, I have an idea.

I took the makeshift rope and tied two backpack straps into it. 'I hope this would reach.'

I threw the rope out of the window attaching to a bed and pushing it close to my exit.

Before I went I took some pills with me. They were all unfamiliar but I hope I can make sense of it since I found a medicine book in the cabinet.

I found out later that I'm too large to fit in the window and that the windows are stuck and cannot move no more.  I tried pushing as hard as I can and managed to push it a few inches, I was about to finish...

Until the door burst open.