The prep

Edillo turned to his soldier, "Find Taylor and Brianna one of them has to get Lana the other gets orc and Howard quick!" The first soldier ran east, towards Second Avenue, from the town plaza. "You," Edillo turned to another soldier. "I need you to alert Dahra and get her to bring meds." She ran off west, towards Grant Street. Edillo sighed to himself. He swung his shot gun to his hands and held it at the ready.

                                           *

Lana sat at the end of the bed reading the same book for the tenth time, a cigarette held loosely between her two fingers. Burning almost to the butt. She inhaled the rest of the cigarette and sighed out the smoke. Forceful stabbing the cigarette into the ash tray she moved her hand over Patrick stroking the top of his head. She carried on reading.
Taylor was disrupted in a day dream as one of Edillo's soldiers ran in without knocking, "Get Lana it's urgent." He turned to run back out. "And if you can get Briana to get orc and Howard please, go to the daycare." He bellowed as he ran out the door.
Taylor, confused, put on her blue sneakers and bounced over to Brianna's. Jack jumped out of his chair, in the process he banged into the desk ,that cracked and landed unsteadily on his feet placing a strong hand on his keyboard to steady himself, breaking the board at the same time, he stared at the keyboard and wept silently and Brianna coughed fifteen times in a seconded, while hiding a slight smirk from Jack. Taylor found it amusing but didn't let it show.
   "Quick Brianna get Orc and Howard take them to the daycare. I'll get Lana." Taylor demanded .
  "Ok... what's going on." Brianna questioned at superhuman speed that only her best friend: Taylor and Dekka could understand.
   "No clue, bye" she bounced out and heard an 'ok' fade into the distance as Brianna ran at the speed of sound.
No body was crazy enough to just bounce into the healers room. She bounced in just by the other side of the door. She knocked urgently at the door. "Its Taylor we need you." She opened the door dicing with death. "At the day care as quick as you can - I don't know what's happening." Taylor bounced out, leaving a startled Lana in her wake she dragged on some shoes and ran to the town plaza. Patrick started running after her.
  "No good boy stay here I don't know what's happening." Patrick whined but jumped into Lana's bed and sat. "My good boy, my very good boy." Patrick's tail wagged so hard she thought it was going to drop off. Slinging the door behind her she ran out of the room.

                                             *

Brianna stopped behind Sam and Dekka at the daycare, vibrating. Orc and Howard a few feet behind her. Edillo and a dozen soldiers jogged over as Taylor bounced in to existence.
   "Take the children somewhere." Edillo ordered two of his soldiers. The littles where at the beach with some of the helpers, they where having a day out, the soldiers where more sent just to protect them.
  Orc and Howard arrived and just behind them Dahra with all the ibuprofen in the FAYZ. Drake starred as in seconds the whole team arrived, something was off: Lana.
   "Couldn't get the healer up then." Drake scoffed knowing that if Sam and his gang got hurt they would be in the shit.
  Then out of the corner of Sams eye he saw her: Lana. She creeped through the hole in the wall Sam had made months earlier. He sheet had fallen to the floor and there was a slit in it. Dahra through Mary a pitting look as she writhed in pain, Lana caught her glance from behind Drake and snuck quietly over to Mother Mary shushed her and placed her hands across the bleeding whip mark across Mary's back, deep and triangular bleeding and healing quickly, the deep indent was reduced to nothing but a gash, then a cut to a scratch and finally nothing was there at all. Lana stood up as Edillo and his soldiers took aim, Sam raised his hands, Taylor bounce out. Drake noticed.
  "Can't keep them here can you, their to scared." Drake laughed his sadistic cackle. Taylor bounced in behind Drake, he didn't notice. At the same time Brianna disappeared in a blur, this time so quick you couldn't see her. Sam gave a nod. Dekka lifted her hands and lifted rubble off the ground and suspended it ready, over the top of her head, it swirled like a tornado as Dekka made gravity fail. Sam wanted to kill drake but he was wise and knew he couldn't do it alone.