8. "Unpredictable."

CHAPTER 8.

"Unpredictable".

Marinas POV

After the little throw up incident I had with Lucie, we were closer than ever.

Today was day after and I still avoided Ethan's gaze. I didn't even rant about I much I hated him with Lucie. Whenever he looked at me, I felt my stomach twist but not with dislike. It was more like confusion. A million questions filled my head.

"He liked me?"

"How could he like someone like me?"

"Why did he like me?"

Right now I was at Lucie's house well more like mansion.

It might have looked like a normal two-story house on the outside but, on the inside not so much.

When you entered the house, you were blasted with the smell of sweet cinnamon. Also in the center of the house was a dazzling chandelier that almost looked like it was formed out of ice crystals, very fragile.

As I headed up the stairs, she guided me towards her room. There was three rooms upstairs. The first I supposed was the bathroom, the second one right across from the bathroom, which Lucie mentioned was her room, was ginormous and full of paintings and music CDs. Her room was a baby blue with posters of her favorite bands. The other room, she said, was her older brothers room. She's never mentioned him before so we didnt talk about him much. She said he was 17 and was really shy.

She then told me she was going to get snacks and gracefully went down the stairs in her "princess" pajama set while I looked like a skunk who got ran over. I was wearing (once again) one of Michael's old giant sweaters. This one was white with black stripes and I was wearing black shorts that were covered by the length of the sweater. My hair was in a messy bun with a few black strands out of place, while on the other hand Lucie's hair cascaded down her back. Since tomorrow we had school off, I decided to crash at Lucie's. I grabbed my phone from my bag to call mom and tell her I was sleeping over at a friends house. Michael knew first because when I arrived home from school, I told him as I packed the clothes.

He said it was alright with him, if it was alright with mom and dad. I forgot to call them so I was calling mom right now. Ever since we moved her, my parents were always gone.

Strange.

I dialed my moms number and quietly sat on a step waiting for Lucie.

Mom picked up after 3 rings.

"Hello?"

"Hi mom, I'm just calling to say I'm crashing at a friends house and ill come home tomorrow".

"Okay it's good if your friends mom says so".

"Yeah I know, she said it was fine".

"Oh okay bye, I love you".

"Love you too".

I hung up the phone and deposited it in my messenger bag.

I stood outside Lucies door when I heard the door next to hers squeak closed.

I turn around and curiously knock on the door.

"Uh hello?"

No response.

"What are you doing?" said a slightly shocked Lucie holding two plates of French fries, each containing ketchup.

I turned around, knowing I was busted.

"I heard the door close and I thought something was off so I just kinda knocked".

I replied, honestly to my best ability.

"Oh it's probably just Ashton being a creep". she commented nonchalantly and rolled her eyes.

Oh

So her shy brother had a name.

Ashton.

I thought as she gently pushed me into her spacious room.

I turned to glance at the door again when I saw two light brown hazelish eyes gazing at me through the door next to Lucies.

And with that, I walked inside as Lucie closed the door.

---

I love me some shy ashton ;p

"Unpredictable" by 5SOS