Chapter 4

A brief battle ensued between the three men on the ground over who would be taking Loki. Though it was soon agreed that they'd work together for the time being. The stranger, Tony, and Steve destroyed a section of the forest in their wake, collecting up Loki to drag him back on the quinjet. Director Fury would be the one to take charge in this situation as the hatch closed behind them. They secured Loki in a seat once more before situating themselves.

"Nice to have you all back," Natasha said. "Now if you're all done, can we please agree that we keep the hatch closed?"

"Yeah, yeah," Tony said. "Just get on with it."

Anya levitated the aircraft before flying off. Her eyes landed on Tony, who leaned against the back of Natasha's seat.

"Who did you bring aboard my ship?" the young woman asked.

"I believe he's selling drapes, based on what he's wearing," Tony said. "Isn't that right, Spangles?"

Steve muttered under his breath. Not a fan of the nickname.

"He's from Asgard," Natasha said.

"Another god?" Anya asked.

"He's the son of Odin," Tony stated. "Or something like that."

"That's... kind of important, Stark." He shrugged, moving towards a seat. "I can't believe you worked for him," the young woman muttered.

"Wasn't my idea, but it was interesting," Natasha answered.

The flight was long and quiet, the men exhausted from the day's events. Though the two women in the front were careful, being sure they had a clear view of Loki. In case he attempted to escape. A few miles out, headquarters called in, letting them know they were preparing for their arrival. Anya flipped on the speakers,

"We will be landing in five minutes. I suggest you all wake up."

There were groans of protest as they pulled themselves together. Watching as the helicarrier deactivated their panels from the front windows.

"What sorcery is this?" their newest passenger questioned in awe.

Tony attempted to explain, though everyone was sure he used fancy terms just to confuse the god further as they touched down inside the hangar. While the engines began shutting down, Steve unbuckled Loki from his seat. He kept a firm hold on the criminal. Meanwhile, Tony pressed the button to the platform, other agents rushing inside to secure Loki. And escort him towards a cell. Once cleared the group exited the craft. The new addition on their return to base focused on the two he had yet to be introduced to.

Noticing his stare, Natasha asked, "And you are?"

"Thor of Asgard," he said. "Are you the fair maidens who pilot this flying vessel?"

"Agent Natasha Romanoff."

"Agent Anya Fredrickson." Her eyes flickered towards the top of the craft, noticing the damage caused when the man landed. "You're paying for that."

"I'm what?" Thor questioned.

"Later," Natasha snickered. She turned in Anya's direction. "Director Fury needs to speak with you, Anya."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

It only took a few minutes, waiting in Fury's office. There was nothing to really look at to pass the time seeing as the walls were always bare. Even the desk had next to nothing on it, which was to be expected. As spies you couldn't leave anything out that could jeopardize a mission or give too much information away. When the door opened, the Director entered. He didn't address the young woman till he sat down.