First Night

Around 5pm

We felt the tiredness of the long walk and we searched for a seat and snacks.

"Would you like to have coffee?" Yuri asked.

"It is okay. But I will just choose non-caffeine drinks." I replied.

When we came inside Starbucks, he ordered Ice Coffee with no sugar and I chose Cookies and Cream frappe. We chose to stay along the garden of Greenbelt because it was too crowded inside the Cafe.

Then he opened about his relationship before, that he had a fiance last January of 2017, but the parents of the lady did not want him to bring their daughter in the USA.

He added, that most of the relationship he had recently was not long enough, it was only around 2 to 3 months only.

"Hmm. That is not usual." as I whispered to myself. I cannot help but wonder what is his real character.

I just shared to him my past too. I was always left by guys whom I like, and most of them were just good friends of mine. That I did not have any serious relationship before because I am NBSB.

"What? Why would they leave you like that?" he exclaimed.

"Well I feel that it is because of my eye condition due to vehicular accident." I softly replied.

"Hey. Do not ever think about that. You are beautiful. Remember that." he added.

Then I was shocked with the next question.

"If ever boys will court you. Do they have to ask first from your parents?" he asked.

"Yes. Of course that is my number 1 rule too. I want my parents' approval first." I answered.

"Oh I see. My Filipino friend Gerard was right. Filipino parents are conservative and protective." he said.

"When can I see your family then?" he suddenly questioned with full of courage.

"Why?" I confusedly asked

"Well I wanted to court you. I wanted their blessing first. Also you are almost in the right age to get married." he said.

"Well are you really serious? Actually marriage is not yet in my plan." I just replied.

"I think I am starting to like you. You are really different from the women I met. You are a caring and understanding beautiful woman." he responded.

"Oh I see. Thanks for the compliment. But can we just not rush things first. Cause I am not ready to have any relationship yet." I simply replied.

Around 6pm. We went to the Italliani's.

"What do you like to order?" I asked.

"Well let us have Mozarella sticks, lasagna and bread." he suggested.

"Those are great choices." I said.

After a few minutes, I was shocked that my head was aching painfully. I was feeling dizzy before we were able to start eating.

"Here are your food Mam and Sir. If you need anything do not hesitate to inquire to us. Enjoy the rest of the night." the waiter stated while preparing the food on the table.

"Thank you." we uttered.

"You start first. I will just get later." I said to Yuri.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

"I am having migraine. My head is throbbing in pain. Don't worry I'll take my medicine." I answered while massaging my head.

"Okay." he said. Then he started getting food and serving it on my plate.

"Please try to eat. It will ease somehow the pain." he said while worrying that time.

"Okay. Thank you." I replied while realizing how gentleman he was when he had done that for me.

We started having our conversation regarding our plans in life. It was really fun and I am somehow enjoying the talk which was full of laughters.

"If ever you change your mind on your application to New Zealand. Kindly inform me. I will help you out processing your papers to the US especially if you want to teach in our school." he insisted.

"Alright then." I replied with a little disappointments.

As we end the night. We strolled around and captured our photos together as a remembrance of our first date.

I felt that he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I was really surprised, but I let him be. I felt secured the whole time when we were walking and laughing. I also noticed that several people were observing us because we were using English language for communication. It was a little bit odd, but I felt protected that time so I was not bothered anymore.

He brought me to the bus station. Before we partway we had cheek to cheek to show appreciation and goodbyes.

"Hey, I will see you soon. If not here, in Singapore." Yuri said.

"Okay then. Thanks again for the great night. Bye. Take care." I answered.

"Take care as well." he hugged me and we bid our goodbye once more.

Around 10pm

When I came home, my mother was curious on the details of our date. I shared some of the moments and I told them that Yuri is planning to talk to them.

"Bakit?" my mom inquired.

"Di ko din alam. Baka may tatanungin sa inyo." I replied.

"Good night ma. Pahinga lang ako. Check ko din si Yuri kung nakauwi na." I added.

"Sige anak." Mom added.

"I am home. Are you in your house already?" Yuri texted.

"Yes. Thanks again for the night. I enjoyed it." I replied.

"I enjoyed it as well. Good night. Sweet dreams." he answered.

"Good night." I texted back.

"All honesty, I thought this night was just a dream. I am not sure how serious Yuri was in his plan of courting. God help me please." as I uttered my prayer before going to sleep.