One Fate

Once again he reached out a hand for her. She laid hers in his. Without doubt, without fear. Despite knowing who he was.

Lifting her sword Mayura held it hovering over the palm enveloped in his hand. Shimon rose his eyes to hers and saw her nod.

After taking a hold of the hilt he swiped the blade over her skin and drew blood. The thick liquid slowly poured out of the small cut in her palm. A buzz ran through him which was pale compared to the desire to lick the blood. He wondered how it would taste but the thought scared him at the same time.

She asked, "And?"

"I feel no change," he replied.

"So you need to do it like –," she wavered off.

"Perhaps." He bowed his head bringing it to her wrist. He rose his eyes again to hers. Mayura stared at him, mouth opened, red cheeks as his lips connected to her skin and his teeth sank into it. Slowly, he sucked her blood, making sure not to scare her while holding her gaze. He heard her harsh breathing, felt the accelerated pumping of her heart and tasted the rush of blood. Instead of fear, the air was heavy with heat. Before he would be enticed too much, he tore away, stopping whatever occurred between them.

Then he felt it in his chest and jumped, taken aback. He felt it again as her blood flowed through him: The knock of his moving heart. And for the first time since ages he gasped and felt the air filling his lungs. He sucked in greedy breaths and pressed a hand to his chest. His lips formed into a smile as his lungs tasted the fresh air and blood warmed his limbs.

Suddenly he felt the beating grow slower. The air grew thin and more pale in taste. Then there was nothing left and he felt as empty as he had never before. His eyes skipped to Mayura who looked at him wide eyed in expectation. He uttered, "It worked but was not enough."

Without saying a word, Mayura rose her hands to the bow fastening her blouse around her neck. Her quick fingers untied the red tie. Her eyes stared unwavering back at him, before she leaned her head to the side presenting this time her neck.

It seemed like he was more reluctant to continue than she and he swore to himself not to take too much before he leaned in. This time he could not deny himself a short lick to the spot where her pulse was, moistening and softening her skin before he once again entered her skin with his sharp fangs.

----------------------------------------

The feeling as he sank his teeth into her was divine; pleasure rushed through her and she struggled to hold back a moan. She wondered, if it was like this with every time a gorger bit someone to prevent resistance. But perhaps she was meant to feel like this for him. Was it her fate to feel this deeply and self-destructively about him?

Mayura tried to suppress the fast beat of her heart, her watered mouth and the tingles running up and down her spine. And yet these emotions running through her while he took what she was giving him could not be compared to when he had smiled all of a sudden.

Here she found herself, unable to deny him even though she felt her power starting to drain. Even when she began to feel dizzy she could not pull away.

When he finally released his hold on her, she tumbled on her feet. Weak and tired but oddly contented.

The sound of a gasp, followed by a chuckle made her blink her eyes open.

There he was, smiling wholeheartedly with a gentle glimmer in his eyes as he stared at his own hands, the fire of the lantern framing him in a warm glow. She hummed, pleased at the sight. In the end they have both defeated the monster and retrieved the man behind it.