CHAPTER 1:

CHAPTER 1

Phoenix Fire’s POV

I leaned on to get a close look; this is supposed to be my mother’s grave, a mother who died giving birth to me. My father was never found, I tried searching for him, but no one had ever seen him, and I don’t know if that makes things easier or harder in my life. The fog lifted around me, making me quiver. I wonder, is my mother like everyone else? Did she do a lot of bad stuff like others? I sighed.

No one is ever like me; I don’t know what this feeling is that I have. But, it’s not a normal feeling. A crow came around and set on my mother’s grave stone. The midnight moon was howling at me to kill it again.

‘Hey, do you feel like this something?’ smiling at it, I asked it. ‘Do you feel like, you don’t belong where you were born?’ it flew of, before it went farther away, I turned around me feet landing on the ground making me flying high up in the sky with the bird, my legs were naked when the wind hit the tail of my dress, holding my scythe firmly in my hands I swung it above my head. Landing softly on the ground, I looked behind me. The birds head was laying on my mother’s grave were it should have been when I first saw it three days ago.

I say I have feelings different from other people, yet I also have the rage to kill, everyone like to kill, this is the Bad. Before running through the woods holding my precious scythe in my hand, I checked whether I’m been followed or not, then I ran into the woods towards the village was. This is the only area were there actually are living trees, but those trees only make the place more creepier, others think that it makes the woods more pretty.

When I was young, I was adopted, and then I was sold to a sex slave master as a slave. I didn’t want to stay there so I ran away, and on the process of running away, got robbed, almost killed, and got raped quite a few times. That proves that how dangerous the Bad is, but when I received my powers things changed. The rage to kill was much stronger inside me then I was human, only a few are gifted with powers in the unknown.

The edge of the unloving trees showed up, showing me the village. There was a crowed filled in the middle of the village, defiantly someone had died tonight, and they are laughing for it. I stopped running and headed over to the crowed, when I went, everyone backed away; some went in to their houses and closed the door, the others glared at me with dark red eyes. I moved toward the dead body and kicked it with the edge of my black boots. It was a beautiful girl with long curly blond hair; her dress was filed with blood. She must have died from loss of blood. When the scent of blood hit my nostril I hesitated. Her perfect blue eyes were wide open as if she wanted to look at the stars before she passed away.

Enabling to take the pain in my nostril and the pleasure in my thought, got on my feet, and leaning on the body I drank the beautiful yummy juice that I received from her body. I drank the soul with what my fangs to the neck were the killer has spilled his knife in. The others watching me, hissed.

‘Monster?’ a newcomer asked to what seems like the Dictator. Even if he is a Dictator, and is taking over the village, he can’t control me. Guess no one from outside the village have heard of me… yet.

‘She is the Soul Reaper’ I felt sick the way he explained it to the newcomer, ‘She takes the life of the dead and eats it. So you better not get close to her.’

They are irritating, I can’t concentrate on my meal, about three or more minutes later I released my fangs from her neck and looked at the newcomer; he had sort black hair with grey eyes, he wasn’t hesitating to take in my stare, he must have experienced others like me. I looked away from him and walked away, the people who were looking through the windows were looking at my back as I walked away. I ran towered my cottage in the woods, my scythe remained in my hand the whole time. An irritating noise decided to change my destination by raining. I know if it rains, the water will flow through the wooden ceiling and on to my bed, and it was raining heavily.