Chapter 1

Hi, my name is Ellenor Whitefield. Yesterday was the last day of school and summer was among us. My older sister, Elie was going to be having allot of parties that my parents wouldn't approve of and having boys over while I just have no one to hang out with since all my friends moved to New York from Boston. I didn't even get to tell them all bye yesterday but I have their numbers. Anyway, let's see what my sister is up to. "No John, I will not!" I heard Elie scream from her room, obviously talking to her boyfriend. Knock! Knock! Knock! I hear a knock from the downstairs door. "Coming!" I hurry downstairs from the second floor hallway and look out the door to see April, another friend of Elie's. "Hi April, I'll let Elie know you're here." April walks in and pushes me. "Rude much?" I mumble to myself heading upstairs. "Elie, it's for you!" I say walking into her room while she's still on the phone. "Ugh, hold on, my baby sister just walked in." Elie snobs. "What do you want?" She walks over to me as I back out to the hallway from her room. "Just letting you know that April is here." I rush off up to the third floor to go to my game room. I bring up my favorite game, Overwatch and play for a little bit.

After playing Overwatch with some of my friends, I got a phone call from an Unknown number. I decide to answer because sometimes Elie gives her friends my number for some reason. "Hello?" I answer. "Hi, is this Ellenor Whitefield?" The voice answers, sounding like an older male in his early twenties. "Yes, may I ask who is speaking?" I reply kind of nervous, I knew I wasn't aloud to talk to people I don't know but he sounded kind of nice to me. "This is Henry Cleveland from your father's office, is he home?" He responded. "Oh, hi Mr. Cleveland. No, my father isn't home at the moment. May I take a message?" I ask grabbing a pen and paper. "Yes, please tell your father that he has some emails he needs to respond to and send some." I write it down and put aside. "Okay, thank you Mr. Cleveland. Have a good day." I hung up and just as I did my step-mom walks in and says that dinner was ready. I close out of everything I had up on the monitor and shut down the computer and unplug. I go to my room and plug in my phone to charge then head downstairs.

We sat down at the table to eat. There was so much food on the table. Mashed potatoes, green beans, gravy, pretty much everything you would have at thanksgiving or Christmas. "Do you girls have anything planned for summer?" Dad asked as I got some mashed potatoes. "Yep! Parties, boys, etcetera." Elie replied grabbing some chicken. "No, Elie, you will not." Dad said in a little angry tone. "But dad!" Elie screamed. "May I be excused?" Dad nodded and I headed upstairs. I checked my Instagram on my phone and saw how much fun my friends were having. Even though it had only been a day since we said our goodbyes, I still missed them alot, especially Jake, my best friend. I posted on my story, I miss all my friends, wish I could be in NY with them. If you see this guys, I love you all! I headed back downstairs to eat and my chicken was missing. "Elie why did you take my chicken?!" I replied with a little bit of anger in my tone. "It wasn't me, it was the dog." Sure it was Elie. I sat down and grabbed another piece.

After we ate I headed upstairs and took a shower and got dressed for bed in my cute black with pink polka dot gown, brushed my teeth and went to my room. I said my prayers and went to sleep. This is going to be one long summer.