Chapter 5

Summer was coming to a close and school was starting in a couple days and I decided to try public school for once.  I had always gone to private school for as long as I could remember.  Me and Ashton had become really close friends, I think I'm actually starting to like him.  Anyway, I can't wait to see how my freshman year of highschool will go.  I started heading downstairs with all these thoughts.  I got a phone call from Ashton. "Hey!" I answer the phone happy.  "Hey, want to come over and hang out?" Ashton is the only friend I have made over the summer and it was pretty fun only having one.  "Sure, I'll ask if my parents can drop me off there?"  I ask.  "No, just meet me at the park." He said.  "Okay!  Bye Ashton!" I hang up on the call and walk into the living room.  "Hey mom, is it okay if I go to the park for a little bit?" I ask as i walk in.  "Sure honey, just be home by four."  She said setting an alarm on my phone. "Okay! Bye mom!" I scream as I run out the door.  I hurry down the road to the park and run into Ashton.  "Ashton!" I scream as I hug him.  He picks me up and spins me around.  We haven't seen each other in a few days but it felt like forever.  "I missed you so much Ellenor." He says.  He gets such a cute smile on his face and it just makes me so happy to see it.  "Come with me."  I led Ashton to my old secret hideout me and Elie made when we were really close.

We were at the park for a couple hours and I had to be home in about thirty minutes and just as I was about to go, Ashton grabbed my arm. "Wait, don't go yet.  I have something to ask you."  I turned around and my heart was just racing. "Would you maybe, be my girlfriend?" He asked starting to turn red.  I started turning red and my heart was racing.  I looked at him. "Yes, Ashton, I will." I replied and with that I hurried off home super happy. 

When I got home and went up to my room I saw Elie sitting on the bed.  "So, where were you?"  She asked. "Nowhere certain."  I replied and sat down at my desk.  Elie came over and looked at what I was doing.  Nothing much, just doodling.  Okay, so by doodling I meant drawing.  "What are you drawing?"  Elie asked as she sat next to me.  "I'm just doing abstract."  I said, hoping she wouldn't see what I really was drawing.  "Want to play Barbies?"  She asked walking over handing me one.  "Yeah!"  I yelled in excitement, we haven't played Barbies in so long!

We had played with the Barbies for a good hour before mom came up and said that dinner was ready.  Me and Elie headed downstairs and washed up before sitting at the table.  We ate then headed upstairs to do our nightly routines.  Summer was almost over and my freshman year of highschool was almost here.