Chapter 3

God had answered my prayers! I was going home in two hours! I was so happy. I missed my family in that short time I was at the hospital. I just hope mom and dad gave Elie a good talking to about what happened. There was one thing that was important before I went home. The doctor walked in and told us that I had asthma. I wouldn't be able to do anything like I used to. If I wanted to run, I'd have to take it easy, if I want to be around cats I have to take it easy. Pretty much everywhere I went I'd have to take it easy. The doctor gave us my inhaler before we left and told me how to use it.

When we got home I went straight up to my room and saw my puppy, Macy sitting on the bed. I ran over to her and hugged her. I grabbed my phone and I had so many texts from friends. I went through and responded to each one. I checked my Instagram and saw that I had a whole lot more followers than I did. Then I looked and saw that I had gotten verified, how did this happen? I searched up how to get verified on google and it said you have to have at least five hundred thousand followers and I saw that I had six hundred thousand. How did all this happen in just over twenty four hours? Nothing makes since anymore.

It was now about three pm and I check my Instagram again and look at latest story, 13 year old Boston girl survives almost dying from being lactose and being diagnosed with asthma at Boston Children's Hospital I look at it one more time to make sure I was correct at what I read, I was. Was I becoming famous for almost dying? I bring up YouTube and just about every video I see is dealing with me. My dad comes up and sees this too and says I should post a video. I set up my camera and start recording. "Hi everyone. I'm Ellenor Alex Whitefield. Alot of videos have been posted here on YouTube about me almost dying. So here's the story.
I woke up about nine or ten that morning. I went down and got some cereal. Elie, my sister came down and poured milk the the bowl and a spoon. I didn't realize and just guessed she thought I was going to put milk in it. I started eating and started feeling a little nauseous. I ran to the downstairs bathroom and started throwing up. My dad and step-mom, Anna rushed in and helped clean me up. 'Elie!' Ana and dad called mad. 'Yes?' She said in a little happy tone. 'Did you put milk in Ellenor's cereal?' Dad asked about to put her on lockdown. 'Maybe.' she gave a little smirk of happiness and I threw up again. 'I'll go call the doctor.' Dad said as he got up to go to the home phone. Dad was on the phone with the doctor for about thirty minutes before an ambulance showed up. I could kind of hear Elie starting to cry when she saw them come in. I had thrown up longer than usual when I have milk so this was scary for me. I had never been to the hospital before. I was taken out to the ambulance, I felt light headed and I thought I was going to die. When I was in the ambulance, they stuck an IV in my arm and asked who I wanted to ride in the ambulance and, of course I said my dad. They hooked me up to all these different wires and cords. When we got to the hospital I was rushed into the ER and moved to a different bed, they hooked me up to other machines and wires. Everything was scary, this was not how I planned on my summer going. When Ana and Elie got there I could see Elie crying, she has never cried before. The doctor came in and said he would have to get some tests taken to make sure it's not just the milk. He took some blood samples and said that the results would be back by early this morning or late last night. So that's how my summer started off. It truely was scary and really all my sister's fault. Thank you guys for watching and being concerned about me." I stopped recording and uploaded. Within a few minutes it already had over two thousand views and comments. most of them were, How are you still alive? What was it like? How scared were you? I went through and responded to as many as possible.

I headed downstairs for dinner and ate. It was delicious. After I ate I went upstairs to my room, did my nightly routine and used my inhaler.