Angel's Tears

In his eyes, she found her fire.

In his laughter, she discovered peace.

The warmth of his arms provided the safe haven which sheltered her from the trials of life's darkness.

His heart, it touched her soul.

His mind, it captured her attention.

His personality, the epitome of all which one desires in a better half.

The one she'd forever belong to.

In his existence, she found Paradise.

The world has begun to call his name.

Her fragile bliss, it flutters like a butterfly trapped beneath the claws of a great cat.

Hope, it ripples as the pebbles of fear disturb it's once still surface.

The truth he whispered, it froze her heart, shattering it as she tried not to believe the facts of the circumstance.

Meeting his gaze, it became near impossible for fear of revealing the true depth of the dark pain which had begun to pervade her being.

He held her as she fell apart at the seams, helplessly vulnerable for him to see.

The diamonds which she'd been trying so hard to conceal finally fell from her eyes.

His diamonds, sorrowful beauty.

I understand.

I don't understand.

The expectations of the world, the expectations of blood...

The judgment of familiar strangers, the execution.

Promises evaporate. Smoke sprung form the passion of emotion.

Angels with tattered wings, they're all broken inside.

Try.

Try to build.

Try to love.

Try to stay.

She stands before him, broken, yet asking him to stay.

Fear can consume.

Love.

Love is worth fighting for.