Fragile Bliss

And as I watch you sleep, thoughts fill my mind. I want only the best for you. I pray that nothing harms you. I wish that happiness finds you, always. When you cry, my heart breaks and when you laugh, the darkness shatters, revealing the light. I marvel at the beauty of your small form and am hypnotized by your perfect being. And as your small hands search for mine, your innocent gaze captures me in a web of wonder and awe. And, in the still silence, the steady sound of your breathing reassures me of your existence. It proves that you're not just a dream; a figment of my hopeful imagination. As I watch you, your eyelids flutter and you awaken peacefully to the waiting, waking world. You see me and your face lights up with that familiar smile. You make not a sound, nor do you move around restlessly. You just lay there and watch the world go by. I wonder what goes on in your mind. I wonder how much you know or how much you understand. I still find it hard to believe that you're mine and mine alone. My sweet, sweet innocent one. I love you and cannot survive without you. It's amazing how dependant I've become on seeing you everyday. You're the only thing that keeps me going and now, as I watch you sleep, I realize that you're going to be fine. You're going to grow, and live, and learn and love. And I'm going to be there to guide you along the way. To teach you right from wrong. To comfort you when you're heartbroken and to share in your joys and pains. I'm going to be there to kiss it better when you get hurt and be there to experience your first words. I'll b there. Always and forever.