Unnoticeable

Nathaniel's POV:

I  move through the hallways, ducking my head as I pass people. I don't want to be noticed. I only brought one item with me to school today, and it is a notebook. In it is my favorite pen. Finally, I reach my classroom. Inside are students, all with bags or backpacks. I dodge through the crowd and find an unoccupied seat in the back. Amidst the chattering finally, the teacher taps the desk with a ruler and the bell rings. Everyone finds a seat and sits down. I look up, and the teacher talks.

"Alright Class, today, we are just going to get to know each other. We are each going to come to the front and introduce ourselves."

A loud groan came from the class. Something struck my heart. Speak in front of this many people? I am so going to embarrass myself. The teacher decided that they were going to work from the front to the back, so I was going to go last. The kids came forward, and I only noticed a few of them. There was a model, Adrien, the mayor's daughter, a Marinnette, a Nino, and was it an Alya?

Too quickly, it was my turn to present. I stumbled on the way to the front, and at the last second, the bratty mayor's daughter tripped me. I fell face first on the ground, and the whole class erupted in laughter, except for the four kids to my right. One of them, Adrien, helped me up. I  managed to make it to the front of the class and said my name, Nathaniel. I was halfway through the process of telling the class that I like drawing when suddenly, I caught someone's eye. My face turned red and I gave a little gasp as I saw a pair of bright green eyes boring into mine. Adrien, the owner of the eyes, smiled and turned pink.