Rain

Nathaniel's POV:

I leaped off of Adrien's balcony, face once again stained with tears. It was pouring outside, but I barely noticed. I ran across Paris until I reached a small, dark alleyway. I stopped and sat down, detransforming. I put my kwami in my bag where he would be warm with food. I set the bag to the side and put my face in my knees. I sobbed silently until, before I knew it, I was asleep again, lying there in the alleyway. 

Later:

Eventually, the clouds made way for the sun, which slowly dried my soaked clothes. I woke up and stretched, but immediately regretted it. I coughed and my throat felt like it would explode with pain. I was sick. I coughed again, sounding like a pathetic dying cow. I didn't know what to do, until I heard a voice from the street calling for me. Adrien. I sighed and my throat racked with pain again. I moaned and lay on the wet ground. Adrien walked into the alleyway, and seeing me, shook me until I looked into his green, worried eyes. A strand of hair had fallen over his face.

"Natty! Are you alright?!"

"N-no..." my voice came out raspy, sick.

"Oh no.. Stripes, I've been looking all day for you..."

He picked me up in his arms, like a baby, slung my bag over my shoulder, and transformed into Chat Noir. He took me back to his house. He was about to take me inside, but I stopped him. The way he flung around Paris had made me sick, and I threw up over his shoulder onto the street. I retched some more, but surprisingly, he wasn't disgusted. He just took me into his bathroom, filling his tub with hot water. After telling me to undress and soak in it, he left the room. I did as he said, and gasped when the hot water reached my skin. It was HOT! Still, it was better than the cold water, and I was grateful.

Adrien's POV:

After I left the bathroom, I sat on my bed I hoped that he wasn't still mad at me. I decided I would apologize. After all, I had been a little rude. Or maybe it was just that he was sensitive.

Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. I opened it to see Nathalie and Marinette.

"Hey Adrien, Marinette here said she wanted to tell you something."

Marinette blushed, and Nathalie replied,

"I'll leave you too alone."

I nodded, and waved Marinette in, closing the door.

"Hey Mari, what's up?"

"Hey A-adrien.. I h-had a question Alya told me to ask you..."

"Yeah?"

"Well, you know the school dance coming up?"

I started to get a bad feeling in my stomach. "Y-yeah?"

Marinette blushed, and said, rambling, "Well, I've liked you for years on end because you're nice and beautiful and shy and kind, and I was wondering if you wanted to go with me?"

My face turned red. "Marinette... I'm so sorry... I like someone else..."

"Oh no that's f-fine, i guess..." she said, eyes wide. "I'll j-just ask Nathaniel, I g-guess."

She ran out of the room, crying. I felt really bad now, and lay back on my bed.